Philhealth Could Be In Financial Trouble

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lawmakers to probe PhilHealth LAWMAKERS have pressed for a thorough congressional probe on the real financial status of the Philippine Health Insurance Corp. following a controversial circular issued by the health insurance agency which effectively made it nearly impossible for local government units to sustain payment of premiums for their beneficiaries.House Assistant Majority Leader and Davao City Rep. Karlo Alexei Nograles and Western Samar Rep. Mel Senen Sarmiento underscored the need to look into PhilHealth’s new payment scheme as he raised the possibility that the country’s only public health insurance system could be in deep financial trouble.
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Recent news reports tell of HUNDREDS of millions of pesos that have been collected but 'diverted' before actually reaching the Philhealth bank accounts. So there is a problem somewhere.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And so WHO should be shocked about an occurrence like that happening here in the Phils ...... not I :hystery:

Bruce
Posted
Posted
And so WHO should be shocked about an occurrence like that happening here in the Phils ...... not I :hystery:
What I find shocking is that in 2018, the 'case' will finally come up and THEN the people that diverted the money will be fired.....
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

To go along with the OP here is more info. Right back to the greed of some. :no:Lawmaker wants stiffer penalties vs PhilHealth abusersRepresentative Janette Garin (1st district, Iloilo), chair of the House committees on health and population and family relations, said the PhilHealth is currently locked in another controversy after it was discovered that P114 million of its contributions to Accenture is missing.

• Like 1