Philippines Kali And Eskrima

volstateguy
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you are interested at all in martial arts or even not at all you may find these videos interesting. They are both television shows in the states. The first one which is in 3 parts is from a discovery channel series called fight quest, which follows 2 MMA fighters arounby did the globe studying different martial arts. In this episode they are in Manila to study kali. After a week of training they display what they have learned sparring against Philippine Marines. A couple of the highlights for was when one of the fighters try balut...and likes it....def gonna have to try it now myself. And also when they meet Gina, (a kali student) on the streets of Manila and she displays her stick fighting skills. I wonder if I could hire her to be my personal body guard :lol:The second video is from a history channel series called human weapon. Its kinda the same concept as fight quest. In the episode they travel to different provences in the Philippines studying Eskrima. I like the fight quest episode better but I thought this one was neat because in one scene they are at Fort San Pedro in Cebu.Overall I say they are both worth watching, even if you are not into martial arts at all, they are entertaining.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pbtlz2oWKkOk I just found out that I couldn't post 4 video links. So after you watch part 1 of the fight quest episode, just look for part 2 of 3 from the same person the 3 of 3 and you will be able to watch the entire episode.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__PnwRcfOoQ&feature=related

Edited by volstateguy
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thank you Brett for the video series of Filipino Kali. Remind me not to assume that a scrawnyFilipino is a push over. More than likely he's packin' something and will usually have a partneror two behind you.Jake

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... I had a NATO swat team for a while when posted to Germany (remember - I'm Avionics... We Canadians have to do everything! lol!) I was told that what we were being taught was a bastardized version of martial arts.... Now I know... One thing though... I don't think I could do any of that still today!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Thank for posting that Brett :th_thholysheep:

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Hmmm... I had a NATO swat team for a while when posted to Germany (remember - I'm Avionics... We Canadians have to do everything! lol!) I was told that what we were being taught was a bastardized version of martial arts.... Now I know... One thing though... I don't think I could do any of that still today!
I read what I wrote earlier and I really should mention that we only touched on this... at least I'm assuming that what I was trained in was this... they really didn't say and we only spent a couple days on this phase of our training. The biggest thing I remember was all the pain I was in each and every night after we finished for the day! Not to mention that this was almost 30 years ago...!

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
Thank for posting that Brett :th_thholysheep:
You're welcome Lee. Hope you enjoyed them.

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Very interesting videos ! The bottom one towards the end was based around Badian, and Kawasan Falls. Badian was where my missus grew up, and Kawasan Falls was where we spent our honeymoon. Both very nice places.