Doj Bares New Rules For Screening Departing International Passengers Will Be Adopted

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

01/22/2012In light of continued reports of ground-level red tape and corruption at the country’s international airports, justice officials have announced new guidelines for trimming the fat off the bureaucracy.The Inter-Agency Council Against Trafficking (IACAT) has formulated a set of procedures on the assessment of departing international-bound passengers at all airports and seaports nationwide meant to prevent indiscriminate off-loadings and chances of extortion by unscrupulous airport personnel.Department of Justice Secretary Leila de Lima, also the chairman of IACAT, issued a memorandum directing the immediate implementation of the new “Guidelines for Departure Formalities for International-Bound Passengers in All Airports and Seaports in the Country” last Jan. 3.The guidelines arose in the face of mounting complaints from numerous off-loaded passengers with some reports of extortion by some airport personnel.The guidelines provide for definite parameters in the strict enforcement of immigration departure formalities intended for the prevention of trafficking in persons, illegal recruitment and other related offenses.

“The guideline is just one of the measures we will put in place to prevent abuses at the country’s exit ports. Closed-circuit television systems and voice recorders will be placed at the immigration counters to make sure that no illegal transactions will ensue at the area.
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

seems like a NEW DANCE with the same words, Will it work like the PAST SCHEMES /plans that they have installed?Who really knows. maybe, just maybe, this time it will be better than the LAST "guideline" but things will not change,Change will only occur when ALL PARTIES WILL ACCEPT this change,I will NOT criticize those who do their jobs as I have NOT experienced any "hassles" or "extortion" BUT If I was a victimthings would be different, would I BE rude.impolite to those who "tried" to hassle me..NO OH :) NO, MY recourse is the use of SOCIAL MEDIA to voice my displeasure.

Jake
Posted
Posted
seems like a NEW DANCE with the same words, Will it work like the PAST SCHEMES /plans that they have installed?Who really knows. maybe, just maybe, this time it will be better than the LAST "guideline" but things will not change,Change will only occur when ALL PARTIES WILL ACCEPT this change,I will NOT criticize those who do their jobs as I have NOT experienced any "hassles" or "extortion" BUT If I was a victimthings would be different, would I BE rude.impolite to those who "tried" to hassle me..NO OH :89: NO, MY recourse is the use of SOCIAL MEDIA to voice my displeasure.
Concur with you Ed. Just another political rhetoric equivalent to another pitcher of warm spit.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

it seems that they implemented this program a little too late.The wife of Sen. Lito Lapid reportedly apologized repeatedly to US authorities following her arrest in Las Vegas last year for allegedly smuggling $50,000 in cash.Senator Lapid, for his part, said in a statement yesterday, “My wife can defend herself.”The senator said his wife has submitted herself to the jurisdiction of a US court, which has authority over the case.i just rolled out of my chair when I read "The senator said his wife has submitted herself to the jurisdiction of a US court, which has authority over the case."I would post more but I have had to have my injection of Valium to stop me from laughing, here is the link, I tried to find a RP paper and i just found it too.http://ph.news.yahoo.com/lapids-wife-smuggling-sorry-screwed-160000490.htmlhttp://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?publicationSubCategoryId=63&articleId=771984

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

She had to submit ..... she is a green card holder ..... she is now sporting some new jewelry compliments of the US justice system ..... an ankle bracelet ..... :89: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

More developing story and the chit is getting deep. On Nov 28, 2011 she was caught with undeclared50k dollars upon arrival to Las Vegas. She claims the amount was for real estate purposes. She wasallowed to post bail but somehow return to PI for Christmas. Meanwhile the courts in Vegas issued awarrant for her arrest on Jan 5, 2012. Not realizing that, she returned back to Vegas on Jan 15 and was promptly arrested. Now the excusesfrom her husband (Senator Lapid) this time was the 50k was for her medical issues, similar to what GMAwas trying to escape from PI with. Now the whole family is being investigated for ill-gotten wealth.http://newsinfo.inqu...-gloria-arroyosSomeone should write a movie script of all the lies, cheats and thievery among the rich and powerful. Eventhe supreme court's top justice is being investigated for brown nosing GMA. I wonder what the movie titlemight be.......?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Someone should write a movie script of all the lies, cheats and thievery among the rich and powerful. Eventhe supreme court's top justice is being investigated for brown nosing GMA. I wonder what the movie titlemight be.......?
1.SEX .LIES & VIDEO .=how to succeed in RP politics,2.Its my fault? NO way, I blame another?3.My Daddy has 16 mommies=A Philippine KAPIT love storyPerahps JAKE we should open a a NEW Topic on this.. if the stories in the news was made into movie titles what would be the NAME?
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
More developing story and the chit is getting deep. On Nov 28, 2011 she was caught with undeclared50k dollars upon arrival to Las Vegas. She claims the amount was for real estate purposes. She wasallowed to post bail but somehow return to PI for Christmas. Meanwhile the courts in Vegas issued awarrant for her arrest on Jan 5, 2012. Not realizing that, she returned back to Vegas on Jan 15 and was promptly arrested. Now the excusesfrom her husband (Senator Lapid) this time was the 50k was for her medical issues, similar to what GMAwas trying to escape from PI with. Now the whole family is being investigated for ill-gotten wealth.http://newsinfo.inqu...-gloria-arroyosSomeone should write a movie script of all the lies, cheats and thievery among the rich and powerful. Eventhe supreme court's top justice is being investigated for brown nosing GMA. I wonder what the movie titlemight be.......?
Thanks Jake! Remember a few posts ago I said I wanted to write a book? Wasn't kidding! Though I was going to do it under a fictional banner and hide the identification of those involved... Why make it up when they are doing comedy in real life? Besides! Who outside the Philippines would believe it was real? :hystery: :mocking:
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Someone should write a movie script of all the lies, cheats and thievery among the rich and powerful. Eventhe supreme court's top justice is being investigated for brown nosing GMA. I wonder what the movie titlemight be.......?
1.SEX .LIES & VIDEO .=how to succeed in RP politics,2.Its my fault? NO way, I blame another?3.My Daddy has 16 mommies=A Philippine KAPIT love storyPerahps JAKE we should open a a NEW Topic on this..if the stories in the news was made into movie titles what would be the NAME?
It would not have a name people could pronounce (kind of like Prince a few years ago) but more of a graphical name...It would be :mocking: