Cordova Mactan Location Of Cebu's New Airport?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

His royal majesty the past mayor (for life) and overlord of Cebu City the one and only true owner of SRP Tomass has proclaimedthere will be a new airport built in Cordova Mactan. This has been in the papers for some time now and there could be a good case made for the move. Part of the runway would be reclamed from the sea just south of Cordova. The down side is how to get off Mactan the plan is some kind of boat would be used?http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=772388&publicationSubCategoryId=107

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
His royal majesty the past mayor (for life) and overlord of Cebu City the one and only true owner of SRP Tomass has proclaimedthere will be a new airport built in Cordova Mactan. This has been in the papers for some time now and there could be a good case made for the move. Part of the runway would be reclamed from the sea just south of Cordova. The down side is how to get off Mactan the plan is some kind of boat would be used?http://www.philstar....bCategoryId=107
Please bear with me because I'm a little confused using my limited skills of reading and comprehension (coined by Bruce). The big time tycoon of Cebu, Osmena and his fellow Taipans are getting together to build another international airport justa few miles southwest of the current Mactan Airport. I find it so illogical to kick out the current population in Cordova, buildinfrastructures (roads, power grid, water, sewage) for the new airport while the current airport remains active as the southerninternational gateway to the Philippines.Is he pissed off because 70% of the property on Mactan is not owned by the Mactan Cebu International Airport Authority andmust pay rent to the property owners?Ultimately the issue may go up to the Supreme court. As you may know, the Supreme court itself is under investigation dueto the top chief justice was caught with deep pockets and brown nosing to GMA. It's another case of Philippine drama andthe final decision really comes down to the highest bidder (bribery). It's the same old chit -- Jake
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yea we want details but Tom says all the details must remain secret because his enemys and those with crab mentality will derail it.Just how much of a " finders fee" off that 12.315-billion yen SRP loan from the Japanese Government did Tomass get? Oh yea its a secret because his enemys will..... :bash: :as-if:Only in Philippines.....the property the airport is built on belongs to someone else. :rolleyes:So it looks like Cebu is gona take it in the shorts the aging airport will not get upgrade because a new one may be built. Not in my lifetime. Good idea... Tom just kill tourism now.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yea we want details but Tom says all the details must remain secret because his enemys and those with crab mentality will derail it.Just how much of a " finders fee" off that 12.315-billion yen SRP loan from the Japanese Government did Tomass get? Oh yea its a secret because his enemys will..... :hystery: :as-if:Only in Philippines.....the property the airport is built on belongs to someone else. :rolleyes:So it looks like Cebu is gona take it in the shorts the aging airport will not get upgrade because a new one may be built. Not in my lifetime. Good idea... Tom just kill tourism now.
Why don't we all pool together $25 each... We could buy a bunch of surplus barges and tie them all together... Put a deck on top of that of bamboo and cheap tar to make it look like a runway and anchor that off of Cebu near the market? We could get a $50,000,000 peso finders fee, operators fees, plus collect our share of all the taxes charged for people to fly in and out? All for a measly $25 dollar investment? Makes just as much sense as what they are proposing, don't you thnk? And we could have it done before summer!!! :hystery: :bash: Edited by i am bob
  • Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted
how to get off Mactan the plan is some kind of boat would be used?
Weren't they talking about a tunnel from Mactan to Cebu just south of the old bridge, what ever happened to that idea?
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yea we want details but Tom says all the details must remain secret because his enemys and those with crab mentality will derail it.Just how much of a " finders fee" off that 12.315-billion yen SRP loan from the Japanese Government did Tomass get? Oh yea its a secret because his enemys will..... :bash: :as-if:Only in Philippines.....the property the airport is built on belongs to someone else. :rolleyes:.
:woohoo: ITS MORE FUNNY IN THE PHILIPPINES :728:they have a international airport that they dont own all the property?the owners(landlords)want more money for rental fees?I have read this type of situation times before,,I will not RANT.nor GRIPE about things i cant changeBUT MY GOD how will THINGS here improve when you have "property" issues, or similar issues like this,THESE Issues ARE some of the reasons that is RETARDING, Prohibiting the Advancement, and growth that the country & its people need. .YET,,,,,, Something,someone or "Enemys and those with crab mentality" is hurting the people and the economy with actions/rules/behavior like this.......( i not post more as the forum has rules..) :th_exactly: Edited by ed villas
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

After just quickly scanning the news for Cebu this morning, I see they want to move the port north of the city... And this after they say they want to move the airport across the ditch and south of the city... And, again in the news was how they want to repair (finally) the sewage treatment plant so it can handle not only the sewage it gets now but much much more... Somebody with friends in government expecting to build a couple houses maybe?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Bob, do you have the link to that? I'm curious about the treatment plant had no idea there was one.

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)
Bob, do you have the link to that? I'm curious about the treatment plant had no idea there was one.
The Cebu Regional Effluent Plant, or CREP since we love acronyms in the Phils.... even the pronunciation is off a bit... (I know you are saying it over and over about now)....sorry, could not resist.moz-screenshot-2.png :angry: Edited by Dzighnman
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
No problem... http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/349821/cebu-unveils-port-rehab-planThey talk about the STP about half way down the article.