Getting Electric Power In The Provience

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i have been waiting to get my electric power to my new house , before i started the house i knew i would need to have Davao Light set a pole, but i didn;t think it would take that long, i am about 90 meters from the last pole, the compound where i live is a family compound with about 11 houses, we have complied with about every wish of the power company, we have cut trees and made a road but still no pole, 2 are closer to the last pole and have power,the others are running lines from them, anyway there is an electrician living there that does all the work, and he tells me he can get me a meter, as he has for the other two, you build a little house next to his property, than he can obtain a meter and pole, than we run the wires to my house 90 meters away, sounds crazy but the other two tell me that is the way they got their meter, the cost is P13,000, so i think i will try it and if later they put the pole i will change my connection, i dont know how legal all this is but for 13,000 and i get power i think i will try. The electricians house is next to the last pole, he says he will get all permits and meter base from Davao Light and connect, the others have been doing this for years, only in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
i have been waiting to get my electric power to my new house , before i started the house i knew i would need to have Davao Light set a pole, but i didn;t think it would take that long, i am about 90 meters from the last pole, the compound where i live is a family compound with about 11 houses, we have complied with about every wish of the power company, we have cut trees and made a road but still no pole, 2 are closer to the last pole and have power,the others are running lines from them, anyway there is an electrician living there that does all the work, and he tells me he can get me a meter, as he has for the other two, you build a little house next to his property, than he can obtain a meter and pole, than we run the wires to my house 90 meters away, sounds crazy but the other two tell me that is the way they got their meter, the cost is P13,000, so i think i will try it and if later they put the pole i will change my connection, i dont know how legal all this is but for 13,000 and i get power i think i will try. The electricians house is next to the last pole, he says he will get all permits and meter base from Davao Light and connect, the others have been doing this for years, only in the Philippines.
If you are willing to spend 13,000p, then try to talk to the manager of the electric company and see if you can bypass the other way. 13,000 is a months salary or better.....
  • Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

yes i thought of that, but when you are not within 30 meters of a pole than you deal with the ( line services department,) that is what we have been doing for the last year ,

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Perhaps they are waiting for a late xmas present? Will they allow you to install your own pole?

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

no we are always refered back to our local electrican so i guess we are stuck with him