Time For Three Day Depature

No name
Posted
Posted

Hey Folks,My 16 months is up in June, so between now and then I need to exit for a few days.First anyone else leaving during this time frame? Wanna meet up?I have made no plans yet but will probably go to Bangkok or Hong Kong.Question one, I hear they have great bars with lots of sexy girls. Cheap hotels near there? :) To be honest, I'll probably never go in there, i don't like being harassed but if I had a partner in crime that might change. Is Dave, the gemologist around? Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel, I've found several but who knows what they are like. I'm finding RT flights for around $200.00Well that's really what I want to know, Hong Kong or Bangkok or other low cost places that I don't need a visa. Not sure if I need a visa for Hong Kong, it's going back into China?Thanks for the help!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hey Folks,My 16 months is up in June, so between now and then I need to exit for a few days.First anyone else leaving during this time frame? Wanna meet up?I have made no plans yet but will probably go to Bangkok or Hong Kong.Question one, I hear they have great bars with lots of sexy girls. Cheap hotels near there? :) To be honest, I'll probably never go in there, i don't like being harassed but if I had a partner in crime that might change. Is Dave, the gemologist around? Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel, I've found several but who knows what they are like. I'm finding RT flights for around $200.00Well that's really what I want to know, Hong Kong or Bangkok or other low cost places that I don't need a visa. Not sure if I need a visa for Hong Kong, it's going back into China?Thanks for the help!
Have not heard much from Dave, he is living in Thailand last I heard. Edited by Mr. Lee

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)

From the title of the thread it looks like you think you need to leave for three days for the visa run. If you take the late flight to Hong Kong and then fly back first thing in the AM, you are good to go. There is no required minimum stay.As far a s cheap goes, HK ain't cheap.Don't forget, they will most likely ask you for your ongoing ticket out of the PI when you return. They busted me and I had to buy a ticket in order to board.

Edited by BobNChe

No name
Posted
Posted
From the title of the thread it looks like you think you need to leave for three days for the visa run. If you take the late flight to Hong Kong and then fly back first thing in the AM, you are good to go. There is no required minimum stay.As far a s cheap goes, HK ain't cheap.Don't forget, they will most likely ask you for your ongoing ticket out of the PI when you return. They busted me and I had to buy a ticket in order to board.
Bob, the three days USE to be up on the BI website. I've not looked lately but even when it was there people were saying it wasn't needed. That they were just returning. I found some cheap places in Hong Kong but no telling if those rates were by the hour or the day. I've got a hotel recommended now, 10 bucks a night, now that's cheap. Hot ware, aircon and cable TV. I can live with that. :) Haven't found that in Hong Kong. :) Jessie can't go this time so I'll go to Hong Kong later.I'm going to see what I can find on BI site.... You know it has changed or BI just not enforcing it? I'd be the one person they'd enforce it on. I'm going to book a ferry from Zamboanga to Malaysia for my onward ticket. I hear that's about $40.00 (seems high) and just let it expire. Starth at Travelways told me it is three days but perhaps they just want to make the sale. I think it was you that recommended them? If so, they've been great.Thanks for info! I'm really curious about this three day thing, I know you're usually correct on such matters.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

I'm pretty sure there is no three day minimum. People on Mindanao do the ferry run you mentioned to Malasia and never get off the ship except to clear customs. There is actually another ship where they just go into international waters and they have already secured the Malay immigration officials to do the Visa's at sea. LOLOLOLDon't forget your Immigration Clearance Certificate, or you may not be going anywhere.

johnb
Posted
Posted
Bob, the three days USE to be up on the BI website. I've not looked lately but even when it was there people were saying it wasn't needed. That they were just returning. I found some cheap places in Hong Kong but no telling if those rates were by the hour or the day. I've got a hotel recommended now, 10 bucks a night, now that's cheap. Hot ware, aircon and cable TV. I can live with that. :) Haven't found that in Hong Kong. :) Jessie can't go this time so I'll go to Hong Kong later.I'm going to see what I can find on BI site.... You know it has changed or BI just not enforcing it? I'd be the one person they'd enforce it on. I'm going to book a ferry from Zamboanga to Malaysia for my onward ticket. I hear that's about $40.00 (seems high) and just let it expire. Starth at Travelways told me it is three days but perhaps they just want to make the sale. I think it was you that recommended them? If so, they've been great.Thanks for info! I'm really curious about this three day thing, I know you're usually correct on such matters.
"Regarding Zamboanga, I posted this on another site right back in 2006, used the same method last year for my BI Departure and the ferry ticket was the same price, It may have changed now"For my onward ticket I booked an open single ticket with Aleson shipping lines for a trip from zamboanga to Sandakan [Malaysia] the ticket is issued in my name with my nationality and passport number included, this ticket is open and valid for three months,on your return to Cebu for a 20% cancellation fee you can cancel the ticket and have the remaining cash refunded, make sure you take your passport when booking the ticket, the cost for the Zamboanga onward ticket php 2,600" John

No name
Posted
Posted
I'm pretty sure there is no three day minimum. People on Mindanao do the ferry run you mentioned to Malasia and never get off the ship except to clear customs. There is actually another ship where they just go into international waters and they have already secured the Malay immigration officials to do the Visa's at sea. LOLOLOLDon't forget your Immigration Clearance Certificate, or you may not be going anywhere.
Immigration Clarence, Okay.... checking now to see if I have one. :) i got something last timeI have a letter from BI that I got when I extended last time and had to pay another P500 for. It also says it was issued upon request for the subject of VIMS Application. I trust Travelways and just do what they tell me too. It doesn't say clearance any where but it does say certification, is that it? Bound to be it, something new I got this time.Awww, I heard of some folks not actually leaving. I'm just not going to play with it, just not worth it. This must be the way they do it. Some even send an agent!I can get a flight for $218.00 and a hotel for $10.00. I'm going to wait a few days to see if anyone else wants to join in and make it a cultural exploration of the girly bars. :)

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
Immigration Clarence, Okay.... checking now to see if I have one. :) i got something last timeI have a letter from BI that I got when I extended last time and had to pay another P500 for. It also says it was issued upon request for the subject of VIMS Application. I trust Travelways and just do what they tell me too. It doesn't say clearance any where but it does say certification, is that it? Bound to be it, something new I got this time.Awww, I heard of some folks not actually leaving. I'm just not going to play with it, just not worth it. This must be the way they do it. Some even send an agent!I can get a flight for $218.00 and a hotel for $10.00. I'm going to wait a few days to see if anyone else wants to join in and make it a cultural exploration of the girly bars. :)
My bust, wrong nomenclature. Exit Clearance Certificate. More than a couple of people who were here over the 6 month time period did not obtain one and had to pay extra fees to the airlines to fly out the next day after obtaining the clearance.

No name
Posted
Posted
My bust, wrong nomenclature. Exit Clearance Certificate. More than a couple of people who were here over the 6 month time period did not obtain one and had to pay extra fees to the airlines to fly out the next day after obtaining the clearance.
No, I don't think your wrong. I don't think I have what your talking about. I got something different from BI but Travelways told me that there where new procedures and I THINK a new P500 fee. Its a letter from BI. I think it maybe to try to stop the fixers from updating passports without going through Bi which of course, means no extension at all.I remember reading what your talking about and I don't think I have it. I'll have to be sure to ask Starth (Travelways) to make sure I get that next time.Thanks very much for the heads up. I was just hoping I already had it. There goes some more money. Seems like it was kind of expensive? P1000? I don't really recall. I can look it up so if you don't know, don't waste your time.