New Helmet Law

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

So they are staring to enforce the helmet law in some places Feb 1st in Carcar I went downtown and wow I did not see a single rider without a helmet :23_11_60[2]: The Mayor had several meeting in town letting the locals know this would be enforced along with proper foot wear and working lights . I have heard Negros has put it off for another month .Also on the table 2 people on a motor this law I think is taking it to far to fast . I mean most poor people here are lucky to have a motor and it the only way for the family to get around . I hope they don,t enforce this one yet .

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I personally think this is a good thing, skulls are very fragile when bashed against a hard ground like roads and most people don't realize in the Philippines how dangerous it is.

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

I say, Let those who ride decide.Sorry but ive always been ,Anti helmet and pro choice. In da wind EJ. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
I say, Let those who ride decide.Sorry but ive always been ,Anti helmet and pro choice. In da wind EJ. :thumbsup:
I'm all for being able to make your own choice to wear or not to wear a helmet also. However, personally I always wear a helmet when I ride. I dont want my skull trying to take on the asphalt should I go down.I do think however that there should at least be an age minimum for riding without a helmet, be it 18 or 21 or whatever.
  • Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Totally agree with free choice over a certain age, mostly I will wear a helmet but sometimes its a great feeling to just be free of one. Children's parents should be forced to make their kids wear helmets and given harsh penalties for not enforcing this.I also think that within inner city limits the helmet laws are not quite so needed as the outer area's mainly due to the speed difference and never knowing what's going to jump out of no where whilst not being as alert as you think you would be within the city.I know personally having had a few close misses and heart stopping moments they have all been outside of the city, the biggest moment being a Kanding breaking its tether and jumping straight into my front wheel throwing me down the road. Point? I broke my wrist badly saving my head from hitting the road, yeah you guessed it NO HELMET!!!!

• Like 2

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Hard one for me. I believe in personal freedom and I suppose personal convenience as well. If it isn't convenient to wear a helmet or real shoes, as long as I don't have to pay for the hospital bill when you crash, then go for it. If they are in a crash you are somehow involved in, be ready for your wallet to get vacuumed. I rode motorcycles for most of my youth and I hated helmets. But I've seen some horrible head wounds and it is very easy to end up being a vegetable without one. I guess it just depends on your priorities. Enjoy life to the fullest now and tomorrow be damned or live to enjoy another day.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am of mixed feelings. I believe in 'Dress for the slide, not the ride" and that would include helmet. But I don't practice it in this tropical country as I ride around at 40 klicks on a scooter.And yet, I have dumped one at low speed, near Danao, that managed to put my shoulder out of commission for close to a year. A helmet was not an issue then but it could easily have been, even at slow speed.