Anyone Living In Sogod?

ThommoPerth
Posted
Posted

SoulsI would like to know if there are any expats living in Sogod and what it is like there for accommodation rentals for a dwelling for 2 people and any other info.Thanks

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
SoulsI would like to know if there are any expats living in Sogod and what it is like there for accommodation rentals for a dwelling for 2 people and any other info.Thanks
You will need to be more specific.I don't know how many Sogod's there are in the Philippines but I know of one on the island of Cebu and one in Southern LeyteRegards: Jim
  • Like 1

ThommoPerth
Posted
Posted (edited)

You will need to be more specific.I don't know how many Sogod's there are in the Philippines but I know of one on the island of Cebu and one in Southern LeyteRegards: Jim
Ok, I mean the one on Cebu north of Danau city. Thanks Edited by Jollygoodfellow
moved text to correct place,post below the last quote tag please.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Nobody has answered. Not sure I can be much help either.I have passed through many times without stopping. There is nothing there of interest to me.It is home to the expensive beach resort, Alegre.If you are wanting to visit Malapascua Island or Bantayan Island, you are much closer than in Cebu City.I tried googling for vacant accommodation in Sogod but couldn't find anything online. If you go there in person, you may find something.Regards: Jim

ThommoPerth
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply Jim, I have been there on a day trip with my gf as she comes from there. I suspect there are no expats there as you say.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Yes there are expats there. I have visited a couple of them (with an old buddy when he was still alive). The ones I met kept to themselves and owned their own homes (actually their wives technically owned the homes but you know what I mean).This was about 4 years ago so I only mention it to say that you would not be the only foreigner living there and there are sure to be homes available to rent, although your choices will be limited and the only way you are likely to find them is to wander around looking for potential places and then ask in person.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

I know of 4 expats living in Sogod or very close by though none of them are members of the forum. We did a wedding for one at the North Sky Resort last November.There is also the German guy - can't remember his name that runs the Borussia bakery and Restaurant just down the road from Sogod.

ThommoPerth
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replys so far. I will have to spend some more time on the ground there before I commit to anything perminant there.