Where To Buy Tyres?

newboy
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, I'm being given a car by my parents in law, it's their old Mazda 323 that hadn't been started for a year since they bought their new car.Basically it needs a couple of tyres, would anybody here know the best place to buy them in the Cavite area, and what sort of price should I be paying for a run of the mill 175 width 13 inch tyre?Many thanksMichael

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

What sort of tyres are you looking for? Be very careful of the recaps sold here. They are popular with the taxi drivers in Baguio City. Which is both hilly and wet. The number of times I have seen a taxi unable to get up a wet road here is beyond counting. And that is because they bought "long wearing" recaps cheap. The longer wear the tire is designed for, the harder the rubber compound. The harder the rubber compound, the less grip the tire has on the pavement, particularly when wet. When (or if) your in-laws suggest buying those really long lasting tires so you won't waste money replacing them, ignore the idea. Accidents are far more expensive than getting another 15 or 20 thousand kilometers out of your tires. Look for medium life tires with good road grip. Personally I'm a Michelin kinda guy. But there are lots of quality manufacturers out there.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I buy all of my tires from any GOODYEAR tire outlets when I need new replacements so that my used tires are still worth something for trade-in! If you don't ask for your used tire trade-in discount, you don't get and if they're all bald, they're worthless as trade-ins! and if you can't afford new tires, they sell good used tires with plenty of thread left on them until your next set of new or used tires!

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

just go to any tires shop around your area. Expect from 2500p and up per tire.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
just go to any tires shop around your area. Expect from 2500p and up per tire.
I wouldn't go just to any tire shop, because a tire shop without the right equipment can and will damage your rims!I paid about P8,000 for 4 new tires 60HRX14 at GOODYEAR tire outlet 2 years ago and still have plenty of thread left on them! Then again, I only drive my car twice a week for grocery shopping 3 miles away! post-682-0-16125900-1329540748_thumb.jpg post-682-0-05830800-1329540775_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1