Philippines - Experience The 7107 Islands

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

For anyone already here, is there any truth in their video advertisement?They just show the 1st world class amenities without showing any of the 3rd world charm! :mocking:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

7107 could be true. High tide or low tide?

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Right! I have always seen 7000+ islands, but never the same exact number in print.
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Now that could be a major .. major problem ....... :hystery:
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Only twice a day because its more fun in Philippines. :hystery:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
I had heard the same as this entry in answer.com:"During high tide, there are only 7,100 islands. But during low tide,7 more islands are visible which means there are 7107 islands."I want to find one of those seven...sounds like an adventure. :hystery:
  • Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

It's a nice video, but I don't think it portrays Filipino culture. Where are the jeepneys, balut carts and karaoke machines? When I travel to a country or location I want to experience their culture, otherwise you aren't getting a full experience IMO.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And smells ...... don't forget the smells ..... they should include a scratch and sniff poster with that video ...... maybe ... urine .... a little diesel ..... the dried fish market and please don't forget Art's shrimp paste :23_11_62[1]: ...... (sorry Art ..... couldn't resist especially sense I had to endure my asawa's cooking down of her shrimp paste she brought back with her from her province the other day ...... my god .... if a skunk walked in front of me right now I couldn't smell it ...... sure hope my smeller comes back" ...... :541: :hystery: :hystery: But it is a nice video Art ..... in fact it is one that I have a copy of on my HD ...... :mocking:

• Like 1

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Looks like 7108!!!! Truth or fiction???? ?IDK, but interestingly close to this topic anyhow. :thumbsup:This was amazing to witness. It's a case of being in the right spot at the right time.If they were a bit ahead of schedule, they may have been in the middle of the world's biggest hot water spa bath!A yacht was travelling in the south Pacific when the crew came across a weird sight.Look at these photos and try to imagine the thrill of experiencing this phenomenon.wierd 1.bmpA BEACH?wierd 2.bmpNO! Not a beach.wierd 3.bmpIt's volcanic stones floating on the water.wierd 4.bmpWHERE 'S THE VOLCANO?wierd 5.bmpUNBELIEVABLE SITE SO I TOOK SOME MORE PICTURES. NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE IT.wierd 6.bmpTHE WAKE OF MY SHIP.wierd 7.bmpSTAY ON THE EDGE OF THE WATERThen this was spotted, ash & steam rising from the oceanwierd 8.bmpAnd, while we were watchingwierd 9.bmpA plume of black ash...HUGE CLOUD. COVERING RED EVEN THIS FAR AWAYwierd 10.bmpTHEN THE SKY TURNS BLACK WITH ASH AND THE OCEAN GOLD WITH SUNS REFLECTIONwierd 11.bmpOUT OF THE OCEAN MOUNTAIN PEAKS ARISE!wierd 12.bmpMORE ERUPTIONS ASH AND CLOUDSwierd 13.bmpTHE MOUNTAIN PEAKS RISE HIGHER WITHIN MINUTESwierd 14.bmpA brand new island formed... wierd 15.bmpCREATION OF MOUNTAINSwierd 16.bmpYou cannot imagine the thrill of being the first & only people to see a new island being formed where there was nothing there before!

wierd 16.bmp

Edited by Dzighnman
  • Like 5

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Awesome sight alright! Looks scary too! Any high tidal waves or huge tsunami?