Philippines - Experience The Other Side!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's not always cozy in the Philippines!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

WOW Art ...... although this is mainly about healthcare for the poor (or lack of) it gives a person the insight to see ....... as you put it "the other side of living in the Philippines" ...... and I feel should be required viewing for anyone thinking of moving here ...... this shows it like it really is in many parts of the Philis ......THANK YOU

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I watched this last night and had to think long and hard before commenting... I'm still not sure what I want to say... Very disturbing!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I watched this last night and had to think long and hard before commenting... I'm still not sure what I want to say... Very disturbing!
You're not the only one Bob, it also affected me sadly to watch it! It's very disturbing and our member Bruce in Samar deals with it everyday as a volunteer nurse on his own money and time! I commend you Bruce for your caring for the unfortunate people on Samar!
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have often said that the American poor have no concept of what poor means!

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I have often said that the American poor have no concept of what poor means!
You are right ..... except in the mountains of West Virginia and a few other places the "poor" and illegal aliens are taken better care of than those working to support them ..... if all those give-away programs were ever started here no one not even the rich would have any money to live on ..... and the government would collapse under the weight of the debt ..... as the US is doing now ..... just a matter of time ..... IMHO
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
retired
Posted
Posted

Learned long ago that the Philippines is not the paradise some have it as being . It's a third world country with third world issues with poverty being foremost . There are those who can afford to live away from the ugliness for the most part but truth is if you are retiring here you will have to deal with it in a variety of ways . I am reminded of it daily but maybe that's a good thing . :-)

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Learned long ago that the Philippines is not the paradise some have it as being
Welcome to the hotel Philippines.

I heard the mission bell

And I was thinking to myself,

this could be heaven or this could be hell

credit goes to The Eagles for that one.

• Like 1