Time Depot - Excellent Service, Highly Recommended

billten
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, i know everyone loves to compare their "crappiest service i had while in the Philippines" story, so when i get really good service i gotta mention it.For the last while i have been looking for a new watch, being a bit of a geek, i took to the internet and narrowed my search down to one or two choices. I decide on a particular Casio that is newly out and has all the features i am looking for. I call up (note, i never went to the store) Time Depot on SM."Do you have the Casio MDV-106 please", they reply that i expected was "No sir, we have no stock". I'm about to hang up and the guy says "But you can jump onto our web-site and they can tell you if they can get it for you sir"."Duh", i am a bit caught by this unexpected offer, but finally i get the details and head back to the PC.At 12:34 i post on the web-site"Message: I want to buy a casio mdv-106 watch. I have tried your stores here in Cebu but they have no stock. Can you tell me if you have this watch anywhere in the Philippines? Thanks... "I get an e-mail less than two hours later:On Monday, 20 February, 2012 02:11 PM, Time Depot wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,Thank you for your interest in Casio products.Are you referring to MDV-106 steel ? See attached linkhttp://www.casio-int...06D-1A1V&n=1342Please be informed that the 3 colors will be available in March 2012 at 2995 promo price.Regards,DavidWTH, this can't be right so i reply to the e-mail at 14:55Very excited, thanks for the quick reply. Will they be in the Cebu stores or just available in Manila?Thanks again... BillI get back a reply 6 minutes later (that's six minutes guys!!!):On Monday, 20 February, 2012 03:01 PM, Time Depot wrote:Hi Bill,It will be available in all Time Depot branches by mid of March.Regards,DavidAll i can say is... WOW, so anyhow, the guys at the store have reserved me a watch and are going to call me when it gets in. Very cool to tell a good service story instead of a bad one for a change.

Edited by billten
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thats great that a reply came so soon,often takes days or not at all to get a reply from most Philippines websites or business. The name David does not sound Filipino though. :hystery:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wow, great story thanks for sharing.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I have a Smith & Wesson watch (yup .. the gun guys) I recently needed the battery changed and went to the expensive watch places in Ayala and SM to get it replaced ..... they would just look at it and say "sorry sir .... send to manufacture" ...... now I know the problem 1) it ain't a cheap watch and 2) it is a sealed watch ...... after giving up for about 3 months we went into the Seiko store ground floor in SM .... to buy my asawa a watch as hers had crapped out ..... while in there I asked the tech if he would look at my watch (I hadn't check with them before) he said being it in and I'll see ..... brought it back and he said "yes sir" I said but it is sealed .... he said "no problems we have the rubber "o" rings that will make it water proof again" ....... I agree there are some very good places here in the Phils ...... but you have to hunt for them and when you find them pass on the info to everyone you know ...... give them the buisness they deserve ........ IMHO

• Like 2

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
but you have to hunt for them and when you find them pass on the info to everyone you know
I take notes anytime I hear of such experiences as it is so true that they are the exception and not the rule. Another component of satisfying customer service is friendliness. Of the many experiences my wife recalls when in the USA, the mostly outstanding customer service experiences are her favorites to repeat when we are in home in the Phils. Yesterday at the McDonalds drive thru for coffee, the guy, again, made small talk about our Jeep and how his is similar etc... just a very friendly guy and she continues to be amazed with his recall of what we talked about the day before.... her words, "nobody in the Phils would remember or even give a $h!t what you talked about the day before"... I am working with her on those negativity issues.... but seriously, not too much real friendliness to be found in general around the Phils and when you do encounter someone genuinely friendly, it is usually in concert with good caring service and capable performance... seems those all work together for that overall good experience. As I said, I take notes and if I were to take my business to one of these places I make certain that the they know that the whole reason I am there is that they provided great service and that "word of mouth" got me in their door... the cheapest and best form of advertising possible.... maybe in time, we might be fortunate enough to witness a cultural shift to an understanding that repeat customers are what build and sustain a business, together with new customers. Baby steps...... :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Ever since I bought a stainless steel Pulsar name brand solar watch for work at Mervyn's department store way back in 1991 for $95, I myself, have never bought a battery operated quartz watch of any kind except for a $40 Seiko self winding gold watch at a flea market in Hawaii in 1995! I still have both watches to this day and they are both still working! I have a few fancy Gucci battery operated dress watches my wife bought me long ago, but they no longer work, because the batteries corroded and ruined the internal workings of the watches! So, it's just my Pulsar and Seiko watches until I decide to buy a replacement watch of my choosing! No battery operated watches for me! Here are the exact watches I still have today! I just replaced the old rubber wrist band on my Pulsar solar watch with a stainless one, the gold self-winding Seiko watch is still original and still works. post-682-0-49263800-1329751700_thumb.jpg post-682-0-29848200-1329751711_thumb.jpg

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
The name David does not sound Filipino though.
It depends on the pronounciation. "Day-Vid" is a foreigner. "Dah-Vid" is a Filipino.