Someone Had A Post About Bring A Child

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sorry can't remember the post but here is something posted in today's news ..... not the same thing I know but here's what could happen when having a child with you and you are not the parent ......http://www.cdn.ph/photostore/news_details.php?id=12625

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

There ya go! Now he may be a good guy, a bad guy, or someplace in between. But they aren't deciding if they should bring charges, but rather, what charges in addition to the obvious one, that he was in violation of the Republic Act 7610. In this case, the crime of being in the company of someone underage may exist even should he be providing medical assistance since is not a moral or legal duty of a foreigner, should that prove to be the actual situation.If you are in a private or PUBLIC place with an underage child not related to you, any enterprising citizen or aspiring police officer can nab you. Ignore at your own peril!

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Like that if I'm walking down the street and a couple of beggar kids are walking with me asking for money then I could be in trouble for being in the company of minors? :attention:

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Lets say you took them to Jollybee for burgers and fries, maybe.

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Sorry can't remember the post but here is something posted in today's news ..... not the same thing I know but here's what could happen when having a child with you and you are not the parent ......http://www.cdn.ph/ph...ls.php?id=12625
A 67-YEAR-OLD Swedish man was arrested yesterday in a Cebu City terminal as he was about to board a ship for Masbate province with a 9-year-old Filipina. Port police stopped the foreigner on suspicion that he had violated a special law on the abuse of minors. The girl, a native of Masbate, was turned over to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Jonny Lagstrem told Maritime police he had brought the girl to a hospital in Cebu City for medical treatment. The Swedish national will have to explain the circumstances of their being together because Republic Act 7610 or the Anti-Child Abuse Law declares unlawful any person “keeping in his company a minor, 12 years or under or who is 10 years or more his junior in any public or private place” when the adult is not a relative or has any “bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition” or is not acting in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty. Maritime police acted on a tip from an informant in Masbate province, the girl's neighbor. The girl lives with her grandparents. Two policemen at the Cebu Ports Authority approached the man and child at 5:25 p.m. while they were sitting down in Passenger Terminal 3 waiting for their ship to Masbate. NBI-7 special investigator Jedidah Hife said the girl was brought to a Cebu City hospital for examination and will be turned over to social workers. Lagstrem remained silent in the police detention cell and refused to be interviewed by Cebu Daily News. “We are gathering evidence to find out what appropriate charges we shall file against the suspect,” Hife said. Hife said the tipoff to police was a good sign of “community awareness” of the problem of child abuse and child trafficking. The Cebu Ports Authority referred the case to the Provincial Women's Commission which in turn sought the aid of the NBI-7. The arrest was made by Insp. Romulo Alcazar Jr. and SPO3 Noel Avenido. /By Ador Vincent Mayol, Reporter i Have posted this story in FULL , as the URL link usually will be inactive shortly. Thanks MIKE S for the story
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Bubba ...... this just out todaypost-11-0-68964700-1329967886_thumb.jpgPlease note he has been charged and that the girl has been turned over to the PWC and is undergoing a debriefing session ..... the girl has already said she wasn't abused by the Swede ....... she will also have child psychologists attending to her ...... almost guaranteed that when everyone gets do with her the story will be changed ... remember these are the same people that can tell a girls age by her teeth ...... as soon as everyone realizes how much money they can make off this case the negations will begin ..... there is no way he can be found not guilty just by the fact he was with her alone ..... so he is gonna pay .....Now I have no idea if he is guilty or not but he is guilty of stupidity ...... if he has indeed been here for 6 years he should have known better ..... I will in no way be around a child here in the Phils ..... even when I see one crying in the mall and all alone I send the asawa to attend to it or call to a security guard ..... and that has happened 2-3 times .....If he is guilty I hope they hang him by his ballsSo in answer to a couple of posts here on the board ...... if you are not a relative ..... keep clear ...... and although I have seen foreigners walking in the mall with young children by themselves and I am sure they are his by marriage ...... you better have a copy of your marriage license with you .... or you possibly could be detained needlessly ...... If there is another way to circumnavigate this problem please reply to this thread .....

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I have gotten some hard looks when out in public with my young sister-in-law (11 years old). I have been asked, in a friendly way, if she is my child. All the inquiries have ended with smiles when I explain she is my sister-in-law and she always calls me "kuya" in public. I do realize that is often used as a term of respect for unrelated males older than the child too.But if I traveled outside of our usual area where people know us, I'd be very careful about having proof of her relationship to me. And when confronted with an official that wants to "conspire" to vacuum your wallet, I'm not sure what could be done except have another older family member present.

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Food for thought maybe:If one were to be a stickler, unless the child is you biological son or daughter, RP law may consider you unrelated. A foreigner can never be related by blood unless what I said earlier. From everything I have read the last few days, RA7610 seems to specifically target foreigners and could be used against you. I have 3 grandchildren here by marriage but RA7610 may consider me unrelated. Is this proven fact? I can't say yes or I'd be lying but I can't help but wonder if I have one of my grandchildren with me in the mall by myself, will I end up arrested, jailed, deported, & blacklisted? Scares me to death to think about it. Myrlita thinks I'm worrying too much about it. If I didn't read the recent news I would have agreed but look what happened. Again, food for thought. Replies + or - welcomed.

• Like 1

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Depending upon the officials involved, I doubt you would end up deported or blacklisted. You might spend a very uncomfortable few hours answering questions and fending of insulting insinuations. If they convince the child to say something against you, then everything changes. But so long as you are related by marriage, I doubt you'd have to spend more than a couple of days in jail. Whatever little comfort that might offer. It is something I think about when my sister-in-law wants to go to Manila with us. If my wife gets involved in a class and the SIL and I go shopping or to a movie, who knows what could happen. Not something I really want to chance.

• Like 1