Where Have You Found Reliable Online Stores In Philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Please help me keep this thread on topic. The rest of the world have some great on line sites for buying just about anything you need, but when the cost and practicality of shipping to the Philippines is factored in, the online stores outside the Philippines just don't work.I want this thread to have recommendations from 'boots on the ground' members in Philippines. Do you have a favorite on line store and why is it so?I shall start: A friend told me about Sulit. It is a site where lots of businesses and individuals advertise things for sale and lots of them are located in Manila. In particular, he told me of the Sulit member called chain9 who were fast and honest and shipped into the provinces from Manila. I just tried them. You can buy quite a few hand tools there. My purchase was a Ryobi grass cutter, similar to a weed eater. They shipped it to me via LBC courier and, although that cost me 1,700 Pesos for the shipping, it was very convenient and fast. Considering the fact that this type of grass cutter is not available for Manila prices anywhere near where I live, I think its a good deal.Anyone else?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm not boots on the ground but I can vouch for online gift store Filgifts,the members who won the raffle the other week received their gift cards withing two days of my order and over the years I have often bought things through them with good reliable service.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

These are the only 3 home shopping networks I use and I've ordered numerous items from them except from Venta5 which sells locally invented and or made products. Most often I order C.O.D and or from my U.S. debit card with a visa logo and sometime via Globe smart cards to the seller direct or paid cash at any BDO or BPI bank the seller have an account at! http://www.hsn.com/http://venta5.multiply.com/photoshttp://www.ebay.ph/

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Art ...... thanks for the links ..... do you use the Home Shopping Network from here in the Phils ....... if so do they have a way of figuring out the peso rate or do they just charge you with dollars on your CC ..... also how do they take care of the shipping ....... is it from overseas or here in the Phils ..... others may want to know also ..... :lol:

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Hey Art ...... thanks for the links ..... do you use the Home Shopping Network from here in the Phils ....... if so do they have a way of figuring out the peso rate or do they just charge you with dollars on your CC ..... also how do they take care of the shipping ....... is it from overseas or here in the Phils ..... others may want to know also ..... :lol:
Yes, I've used HSC and eBay here in the Philippines. About the currency conversion method, I really don't know, but I've used my U.S. visa debit card with a visa logo at SM mall and they will give you the exchange rate before going through with the transaction. But most of my purchases with HSN was in pesos via C.O.D. I've also ordered some memory cards for my old old laptop from the U.S. and FedEx shipped it overnight express by my choice and I had to pay the customs duty tax when it arrived at my door steps! It was expensive shipping and customs tax! Won't do that too often!
  • Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I have used the Cebu Appliance Centre twicehttp://www.in-cebu.net/cebu-appliance-center/First time was a TV, second time was a queen sized bed.Both were delivered to Leyte on time for minimal cost. They kept in touch through the whole process with multiple emails. They accept Paypal which is my favourite way to transfer funds.The warehouse is in Downtown Cebu City. I have been inside to try and browse to see if I wanted to buy something but it was hard to do because they had so much stuff piled up and most everything I was interested in had no price tag.The only person I have ever dealt with was Alex Go. Even when i was in the warehouse, he seemed willing to make a deal to get a sale.Regards: Jim

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yea Jim ... know the place well ..... if you ever get a chance check out the stuff they have in the display cases up stairs to the right .... all kinds of odds and ends ..... they have used stuff up there also and if I remember correctly at some pretty good discounts .....

• Like 1