Reimbursement By The Va Clinic For Taxis

United Army
Posted
Posted

You all know those taxis right out side the Manila airport that charge you 700-900P for taking you to a hotel and they will not use a meter? Does anyone know if the VA Clinic in Manila, will they reimburse me if I was to take one of those over charged good for nothing taxis to my hotel for my VA appt? Or will the VA clinic say that, it was to much and we will give you only 300P for that taxi ride?Has anyone taken one of those taxis at the airport for 900P or so, and did the VA reimburse you the full 900P? Did the taxi give you a receipt?I have always walked out pass that area and got a taxi that will use a meter, but this time I'm flying to Manila at 5am and really do not want to walk outside the airport at that time of day.

• 1 month later...
jode
Posted
Posted

You all know those taxis right out side the Manila airport that charge you 700-900P for taking you to a hotel and they will not use a meter? Does anyone know if the VA Clinic in Manila, will they reimburse me if I was to take one of those over charged good for nothing taxis to my hotel for my VA appt? Or will the VA clinic say that, it was to much and we will give you only 300P for that taxi ride?Has anyone taken one of those taxis at the airport for 900P or so, and did the VA reimburse you the full 900P? Did the taxi give you a receipt?I have always walked out pass that area and got a taxi that will use a meter, but this time I'm flying to Manila at 5am and really do not want to walk outside the airport at that time of day.

The metered taxis are to the far right as you leave the terminal and not outside the airport. I was in Manila last week for a VA appt; I would guess that they would reimburse you have all the receipts ready when you go to your appt' I didn't and now have to go through the hassle of mailing them. The guy in charge of travel pay is an american and very diligent.
  • Like 2