Where Can I Find A Water Filter System

richrdd
Posted
Posted

hi all,where can i find a water filter system near leyte,-- no power need a drip system. thx in advancecheers, richard

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Hi Richard,Most hardwares over there I have found stock the undersink water purafier, and the counter top filters they filter down to 3 microns with the carbon filter cartridge I have one in Australia connects to the cold water tap on the kitchen sink or any other tap you wish to connect it to cost arouns P4000+ but it last a good 6-12 months before you need to change the cartdrige or as in the picture you can buy them to fit the faucet tap on your sink just unsrew the tap filter and screw on the filter hose this one I have in the Philippinespost-747-0-54089000-1331026901_thumb.jpg

billten
Posted
Posted

These are great and i filter my water but they have no effect on bacteria as they are small enough to pass though the filter. If you are confident that the water is pure and just want to remove any bad color or taste, then these work. If you need the water cleaned, you need another solution.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Get an ozonator and cut away a small section of the pipe for installation. If you move, you can always replace that piece of pipe using a short piece with compression fittings. And then if the water still isn't up to par, add a filter as per above. You can also get them in line to fit after the ozonator and will filter even finer than the ones at the tap end.

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Try this site they have a good range of filtration ideashttp://www.aquapure.com.au/aqua-pure-products/aqua-pure-systems

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

hi all,where can i find a water filter system near leyte,-- no power need a drip system. thx in advancecheers, richard

Check out your local ACE.HANDYMAN or TRUEVALUE hardware,

simple filter systems can be bought, If your concerned about the "safety" just attach a UV light (not sure of exact name) to increase the purity.

MikeeW
Posted
Posted

Just a heads up about the inline systems. I have read that the systems available here are quite good, but you need to be sure you have sufficient pressure for them to function properly. I recall a fellow describing his attempts to use and inline system here. He ended up having to buy a pressure pump to build up enough for it to function.

True Value and Ace have these systems, as well as the replaceable filters.

My own home has insufficient water pressure to use these. Besides, I wanted to have it pure enough to drink and those are not suitable. I drink bottled water.

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Reverse Osmosis is the best way to ensure pure drinking water. Here a 5 filter system with a small pressurised water storage tank sells for about 100 Euros in the big hardware chainstores.

Edited by Curley
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Have you thought about making your own system.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Have you thought about making your own system.

My "System" currently is a 2 stage filter. Sediment,(1 micron) then either a GAC(carbon block) or RESIN .

Attached to the incoming water line.

Increases the cleaniness much better than without.

Have considered the Reverse Osmosis or UV which i have seen is much better

.but currently the $$ is the issue not having to improve my system for now

• Like 1