Fast Wifi Internet?

international12
Posted
Posted

Anywhere like cafe or restaurant that can handle skype phone calls in the evening?I need to make some phone calls, is an internet cafe what i need, suggestions much appreciated.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm sure there are many cafes that could do it, I hear of others who have a slow connection but can still use skype but then others cant either. Where is your location in Cebu?

billten
Posted
Posted

My globe tattoo can manage skype no problem and i'm in the mountains near Carcar so you should be ok in Cebu.

Curley
Posted
Posted

Skype is not "bandwidth hungry" till you turn on the camera and even then it should be well within the capability of any internet cafe, check before you start that the cafe will allow conversation, I have been to some where you have to use a different room for voice and they can be very noisy.

international12
Posted
Posted

I can handle skype on my smart bro but in the evenings i sometimes cant even get on the internet.i get similar experience all over cebu city with cafes, hotels etc - 7pm onwards it dies.

dean01
Posted
Posted
I can handle skype on my smart bro but in the evenings i sometimes cant even get on the internet.i get similar experience all over cebu city with cafes, hotels etc - 7pm onwards it dies.
sounds like your laptop needs a reformat.. i never notice the net slowing down at 7pm , does not sound right to me to blame the isp

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
sounds like your laptop needs a reformat.. i never notice the net slowing down at 7pm , does not sound right to me to blame the isp
I was using smartbro until a week ago when I got globe tattoo. I did a speedtest on smartbro and got 83 bytes, I did the same on globe and got 800bytes.I have been told that Smart uses 3g and that there a lot of phones being sold that use the same network and that smart is over loading the network. Smartbro IMO is only good for short term use. Kevin

billten
Posted
Posted
I was using smartbro until a week ago when I got globe tattoo. I did a speedtest on smartbro and got 83 bytes, I did the same on globe and got 800bytes.I have been told that Smart uses 3g and that there a lot of phones being sold that use the same network and that smart is over loading the network. Smartbro IMO is only good for short term use.Kevin
Its all got to do with what antenna you are talking to and what other traffic its handling. I can get very good speeds with Globe but my smart signal is awful, so, i get awful speeds on Smart.

international12
Posted
Posted

thanks for the advice, ive just got myself a house somewhere so ill be getting a proper connection soon.Will steer away from smart, cheers

• Like 1