Making The Move

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted

I have been traveling to PI for the last 6 years or so and have spent 2 months a year there for the last 3 years. On my last tripin December 2011 I finally made the decision that I will be making the move to PI permanently by the end of 2013. I am only37 so will not have a pension or fixed income to rely upon which would obviously be the perfect scenario. I am currently looking atdifferent places to settle including cebu, bulacan and subic. I have different reasons for each area but open to all options at thispoint as I am doing my best to try and plan this move out in the most responsible manner keeping in mind it will carry a highdegree of risk no matter what I do. So here are the general details of my plan and I would be happy to hear any thoughts oradvice from those of you that have done this successfully before.-before making the move I will have 2-3 years of living expenses in savings ( based on 45-60,000 php per month)-I will have a seperate "bail out" fund set aside in case things do not work out for a plane ticket/expenses to get started back at home in the US.-I will also have a side account for the funds needed to start my life in PI for deposits, furniture, tv etc.-I will be starting 3 online business ideas this year in the hope that they will be earning a small amount of money by next year, maybe $300-$500 per month is the goal to get started.-I have a filipina fiance and will not need to be hitting the bars frequently. just would like to meet some good expats in the area I settle to get advice from and hang out with.-I would prefer to live in a smaller town as I do not really enjoy the big city. I will need a good internet connection so this may limit my options.-my lifestyle I would classify as halfway between filipino and american. I live a fairly basic life and do not need all of the comforts available in the US. I do enjoy cold beer and cigs but that would be my biggest splurge. no need for I phones, flat screen tv's and eating expensive america food.-my budget is based on my rent being 7-10,000 php per month plus utilities.thanks in advance for any thoughts, cheers!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So great, you have planned everything well. I see some very good back up plans and possibly more thought put into your move than many do.What if any is your question? :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:) Wingman, have to agree with JGF ( Easier To Write this Boss :) ) on this Panning, brilliant Ground Work. My only reservation is, the Fiance Bit. Has marriage, entered the senario, I ask only or this reason. With savings only and no Physical means of Support (Salary/Pension) After the 2 year extention Periods ( I stand to be Corrected here ) I have a suspicion, your stay may be challenged. Of course If you marry, then the 13a will come in. Hard to start a buisness of any Sought on a Tourist Entry. Just My Observation Wingman.Hope all goes well, I for one, will enjoy Following the Story, as it Unfolds. :tiphat:Jack P. :dance:

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted
So great, you have planned everything well. I see some very good back up plans and possibly more thought put into your move than many do.What if any is your question? :)
thanks. I dont have any specific questions at this point but I am sure I will as the time gets closer. I have found in the past by sharing info onthe forums I usually will get a thing or two that I had not thought of yet.

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted (edited)
:541: Wingman, have to agree with JGF ( Easier To Write this Boss :) ) on this Panning, brilliant Ground Work. My only reservation is, the Fiance Bit. Has marriage, entered the senario, I ask only or this reason. With savings only and no Physical means of Support (Salary/Pension) After the 2 year extention Periods ( I stand to be Corrected here ) I have a suspicion, your stay may be challenged. Of course If you marry, then the 13a will come in. Hard to start a buisness of any Sought on a Tourist Entry. Just My Observation Wingman.Hope all goes well, I for one, will enjoy Following the Story, as it Unfolds. :tiphat:Jack P. :)
yes we are planning to marry. no set date yet and I will probably wait to get married until we have lived together for 6 months or so beforemaking the final "leap of faith" lol. as far as the business and income there is really no way for me to know for sure what will pan out soI will get 5 or 6 things going and see what works best. even if one biz does really well I will still keep a few fires burning in case the successfades after a few years. nothing lasts forever... especially in PI lol.I will be doing a daily video log starting around may so guys can track my next couple of trips and up to my final move next year, hopefullyit will be helpful to a few. Edited by wingmanPI
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
:) Wingman, have to agree with JGF ( Easier To Write this Boss :541: ) on this Panning, brilliant Ground Work. My only reservation is, the Fiance Bit. Has marriage, entered the senario, I ask only or this reason. With savings only and no Physical means of Support (Salary/Pension) After the 2 year extention Periods ( I stand to be Corrected here ) I have a suspicion, your stay may be challenged. Of course If you marry, then the 13a will come in. Hard to start a buisness of any Sought on a Tourist Entry. Just My Observation Wingman.Hope all goes well, I for one, will enjoy Following the Story, as it Unfolds. :tiphat:Jack P. :)
yes we are planning to marry. no set date yet nothing lasts forever... especially in PI lol.
:) Well Wingman, if all else does not run on Course, I Certainly hope this DOES last! :541:Best of Luck,Jack P :)

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted
:) Wingman, have to agree with JGF ( Easier To Write this Boss :541: ) on this Panning, brilliant Ground Work. My only reservation is, the Fiance Bit. Has marriage, entered the senario, I ask only or this reason. With savings only and no Physical means of Support (Salary/Pension) After the 2 year extention Periods ( I stand to be Corrected here ) I have a suspicion, your stay may be challenged. Of course If you marry, then the 13a will come in. Hard to start a buisness of any Sought on a Tourist Entry. Just My Observation Wingman.Hope all goes well, I for one, will enjoy Following the Story, as it Unfolds. :tiphat:Jack P. :)
yes we are planning to marry. no set date yet nothing lasts forever... especially in PI lol.
:) Well Wingman, if all else does not run on Course, I Certainly hope this DOES last! :541:Best of Luck,Jack P :)
thanks Jack. I will post the link for my videos once I get my site up and running. at the very least maybe it will give some entertainment to those stuckat home and missing PI. cheers! is it ok to post a link for my own website on the forum??