Boracay...

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

We have been in the Phil for a week now, getting things set for our move in December. After seeing contractors, building supply places, and the normal gifts to relatives and "batch" mates. Decided to take a few days break and headed to Boracay. If you like informal, inexpensive, quiet and friendly staff I recommend CocaMangas, now Niu Ohana. Not over the top, but not a Nipa hut either.enjoy

• Like 2

Andrew
Posted
Posted

We stayed at Cocamongas a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Do you know why they changed the name? Does the same guy still own/run it?

sjp52
Posted
Posted
We have been in the Phil for a week now, getting things set for our move in December. After seeing contractors, building supply places, and the normal gifts to relatives and "batch" mates. Decided to take a few days break and headed to Boracay. If you like informal, inexpensive, quiet and friendly staff I recommend CocaMangas, now Niu Ohana. Not over the top, but not a Nipa hut either.enjoy
How much was it a night ? and is it close to the beach

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the delay, was having tooooo much fun. It seems the owners have changed. But that didnt change our experience. Back in the day they had a resturant/bar right on the beach. No due to development the resturant is located on the hotel grounds. Boracay has really developed since our first visit in '98. A lot of new resorts right on the beach as well as resturants. Cocomanga/Nui Opua is one of the older resorts, a very very short walk to the beach. (3 minutes if you use a cane ;) ). we paid 850 usd including air/bus/pumpboat/shuttle and back. this included 2 breakfast and 2 dinners. Good food, cooked after you order it by a nice young lady. the resturant is located on one of the paths that lead to the rooms. I felt like a planation owner. There are nicer and more modern places (the hot water really doesnt get that hot) made of concrete with gravity pools and all that (Japanese tourists love those). But for a peacefull, in the jungle feeling, give me the ole coca manga anytime. they have a web site also

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
Sorry for the delay, was having tooooo much fun. It seems the owners have changed. But that didnt change our experience. Back in the day they had a resturant/bar right on the beach. No due to development the resturant is located on the hotel grounds. Boracay has really developed since our first visit in '98. A lot of new resorts right on the beach as well as resturants. Cocomanga/Nui Opua is one of the older resorts, a very very short walk to the beach. (3 minutes if you use a cane ;) ). we paid 850 usd including air/bus/pumpboat/shuttle and back. this included 2 breakfast and 2 dinners. Good food, cooked after you order it by a nice young lady. the resturant is located on one of the paths that lead to the rooms. I felt like a planation owner. There are nicer and more modern places (the hot water really doesnt get that hot) made of concrete with gravity pools and all that (Japanese tourists love those). But for a peacefull, in the jungle feeling, give me the ole coca manga anytime. they have a web site also
Thanks Scott for your excellent field report. You would be in heaven if Cocmanga had a racket ball court....he, he.