Smart Internet

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend has Globe antenna internet in Cabuyao and it keeps getting worse and worse. She bought a pre-paid Smart Bro stick to try and it also has little signal there, but works super fast at her office in Carmona. This is not exactly what my question is about.We will go ahead and get her the Smart antenna service because it is working well for the neighbors in Cabuyao, but it has a 2 year contract. Can anyone tell me if a Smart contract can be transferred to another address, when we move? I could not find anything on the website. I assume it can but I hate to make assumptions.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My Gf had PLDT and she could move address with it as she did 2 times. Smart is part of PLDT as far as I have been told so you should have no problems as you are not breaking the contract but simply moving address. I did have Smart bro and even when I had a full signal I found it hard to get on the net and when I managed to it would crash. I complained to Smart several times but customer service is not their strong point IE piss off we don`t care. I have globe line now after speaking to my friend who uses it and so far I am pleased. The download speed they offered was up to ! meg, I have checked it several times and I am always over .8 meg the upload speed I get is above .3 but below.4 Good luck anywayKevinKevin

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
My Gf had PLDT and she could move address with it as she did 2 times. Smart is part of PLDT as far as I have been told so you should have no problems as you are not breaking the contract but simply moving address. I did have Smart bro and even when I had a full signal I found it hard to get on the net and when I managed to it would crash. I complained to Smart several times but customer service is not their strong point IE piss off we don`t care. I have globe line now after speaking to my friend who uses it and so far I am pleased. The download speed they offered was up to ! meg, I have checked it several times and I am always over .8 meg the upload speed I get is above .3 but below.4 Good luck anywayKevinKevin
Thanks Kevin! I expect it should not be a problem to move it.Her Smart Bro stick was flying in Carmona. They say it is up to 5 MBS and she was getting 7! But she doesn't get anything at home We will keep it for backup when traveling, etc.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Can anyone tell me if a Smart contract can be transferred to another address, when we move?
I did exactly that 3 years ago in the Cebu area. Can it still be done? Probably. The fee to move all the wires and crap from the roof and to hook up the new location was 1,500 pesos at that time. I tried to do it myself and it was a fiasco. They had to come fix my attempt and only charged me 1,000 because at least I had done the hard part of taking the antenna down, moving it, and putting it on the new roof.

Duma
Posted
Posted

Yes you can.....We sold our house In Dauin (south of Dgte) and moved to our new house in the city.....We also had a Smart connection and they transferred everything to the new location and made sure everything was up and running.Duma