My Job Is Done! I'm Free!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
post-41-0-23041000-1332556907_thumb.gif

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I think Dave said it best... And I couldn't find a bigger smiley!Congrats on the move to be!!! Hopefully I'll be seeing you there in just a few short months!!! :)

bows00
Posted
Posted

Yeah really, congrats! I am following in your footsteps, but have around 6 years to go so I have a few questions; are you planning to sell or rent out your home? And where are you planning to live? And if not too personal, what are the ballpark figures of your severance package?Please keep this thread updated on your progress. I am really interested to see how everything turns out for you.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Way to go mate! CongratulationsI'm almost a year away. Good luck going through your stuff. I've been looking at mine an don't know where to start :mocking:

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Way to go mate! CongratulationsI'm almost a year away. Good luck going through your stuff. I've been looking at mine an don't know where to start :hystery:
Ya know how to eat an elephant ................. one bite at a time ........ :thumbsup:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Way to go mate! CongratulationsI'm almost a year away. Good luck going through your stuff. I've been looking at mine an don't know where to start :hystery:
Ya know how to eat an elephant ................. one bite at a time ........ :thumbsup:
I feel like a huge weight is lifted off of my shoulders! It has been a rough couple of months, working hard to get "laid off" so I could get a package.It is Sunday night and I don't have to worry about starting the work week tomorrow, for the first time in 29 years! smiley-happy053.gifYes, the cleaning out, packing, etc., with be a huge task but now it is just part of the adventure and the beginning of the rest of my life!
  • Like 2

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted
smiley-happy093.gifI can't help sharing again! After working on it for several months, today I received a severance package offer from my employer of almost 29 years, and it is enough to make my move to Phils much easier, so I am very happy!So, at age 55, no more corporate workaholic lifestyle for me! :woohoo:Now the next steps really start to kick in: fixing up then selling / renting the house, selling household items, deciding what to move, and making the move.smiley-happy069.gif
:thumbsup: Congrats!! will be making the move shortly myself. Hopefully we can have a beer sometime, cheers!