" So Much " For An Expat!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hi Friends!A very Good Afternoon from Jack P. here, I am not much for Blogs BUT! After this Weekend and a few days before, There is So much going on here, that I think one of Jacks, Mini Blogs is called for. We are talking, Retirement, Marriage, Visas, What we think of the PI, How do we Fit in.ME! I am happy, I am Waiting for OCTOBER 2013 to come. For me, rightly or Wrongly, I will over the next day or two, write in answer to all those, that have posted, offered help and Advice, can I be forgiven, If I lump it all together and explain, Tell my story, as I see it, Feel it and My Experience, all I can, in one go.. :541:As my Signature will reveal, Life is to be Lived, Hope that by Monday, those that are Interested, can see me, for what I am, who I am and How I view things.Never wanting to be ever Negative, but life is all about Polarities, Priorities, Ups and Downs, Positive & negatives, Just bear with me and let me have a few (mmm Well maybe many) words on this, so you can, all have a Think and say, Now! that is Reality. (OR not, as the case may be)If I am Wrong in thinking this way, Tell me now, so I don't make a Fool of Myself, Please!Jack P. :)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Jack, I'd love to hear it!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi Friends!A very Good Afternoon from Jack P. here, I am not much for Blogs BUT! After this Weekend and a few days before, There is So much going on here, that I think one of Jacks, Mini Blogs is called for. We are talking, Retirement, Marriage, Visas, What we think of the PI, How do we Fit in.ME! I am happy, I am Waiting for OCTOBER 2013 to come. For me, rightly or Wrongly, I will over the next day or two, write in answer to all those, that have posted, offered help and Advice, can I be forgiven, If I lump it all together and explain, Tell my story, as I see it, Feel it and My Experience, all I can, in one go.. :541:As my Signature will reveal, Life is to be Lived, Hope that by Monday, those that are Interested, can see me, for what I am, who I am and How I view things.Never wanting to be ever Negative, but life is all about Polarities, Priorities, Ups and Downs, Positive & negatives, Just bear with me and let me have a few (mmm Well maybe many) words on this, so you can, all have a Think and say, Now! that is Reality. (OR not, as the case may be)If I am Wrong in thinking this way, Tell me now, so I don't make a Fool of Myself, Please!Jack P. :)
JACK's MINI BLOG......hmmm, sounds like a nice and quiet cafe with a couple acoustic guitars and soothing vocals, like Linda Ronstadt. While we have a lively but friendly discussion over some cold San Magoo's. Actually, I do have one special request to make: I know thatboth you and Curley live in Spain and the island of Tenerife -- I would love to hear more about the Spaniards and their culture. Especially,the beauty of the senoritas.Yeah, let's live it for today and not worry about the chicken chit of tomorrow. Respectfully -- Jake Edited by Jake
correct my sentence structure
  • Like 1

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted

I'd love to hear your thoughts and wisdom jack, carry on!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well, what can I say but Thank you all, for the replies to my ramblings, not that i feel like they are Ramblings, just me writing what is in my mind I think. I was going to sit here for a while and try and put some sense into what i was trying to get across, Then OH! OH!, I heard my phone ring, mmmm Who could be Ringing this early, Ha Ha not so Early it seems. The Euro's amongst you (and others that do it) will laugh at this, we in Europe went to GMT Summer time at 2am this Morning, We are now only 6 hours behind The PI here in Spain :) YUP! Forgot to Put my Clocks FORWARD that 1 hour, For Someone that has lived most of his life to Time and Deadlines, I find this a Tad hillarious to say the least, I am now an hour late in starting the day, if any one has ever had this happen, trying to make that hour up, Never works. In fact, I always find that it gets even later as the day goes bye.Someone mentioned the Other day STRESS ( I cant remember now who) one answer was what is there to be stressed over at our Age, As I come to retirement next year, I find that my company are giving the more delicate work to do. To get to work from this Quaint spanish village I live in, requires an 11km Ride to GIBRALTAR, for Those that do not Know, this is a Tiny 4.5sq m British Owned Ismus, attached to the most Southern part of Spain. Without going into too much Detail, It is a heavily Disputed Area between UK & Spain and can be Quite nasty at times.It involves an International Frontier crossing each time, passports, customs. When you arrive at the Office, you are met with Documents that need to go to Cadiz (Spain) get Signatures and be Witnessed. So after a battle to get to work, you find you have to get the Big Bike out and go back to Spain and get the necessary job Done. AH! easy you say, NO! Cadiz is some 138 km on the Main Auto-Via to Portugal, Lorries, Coaches, Tourists and The dreaded Guardia Civil ( Paramilitary Police) Time is of the essence s 9/10 times it is for money transfers. a 64 year old man, Riding a Kawasaki 650 in bright Yellow Bike gear is a sitting target of these types. if the Customs are doing a Tobacco check, it can be upto 1 hour for the passport and customs control, then 7 or 8 kms of Urban Riding (Low Speed) he he, past the Village you left 2.5 hours ago. Long story cut short, The round trip is 4.5 hours if you are lucky not to catch Customs on a bad day and you are not caught doing 180 kmh in a 100kmh zone. This happend to me on Tuesday this week, 2nd time this month.STRESS! Yup! just a little Will I miss it, NO! (Miss the Bike thought) Brain Surgeons, Bankers, Military, Even Forum owners and Moderators get stressed. levels vary and people will say, But! you only went for a Bike Ride. :dance:Jack P. :mocking:(Getting ready for the Big day)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

:mocking: You do know you can have your own blog right here on the forum? There is a button on the top menu bar named blogs. But if you wish to do it here then fine. :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
JACK's MINI BLOG......hmmm, sounds like a nice and quiet cafe with a couple acoustic guitars and soothing vocals, like Linda Ronstadt. While we have a lively but friendly discussion over some cold San Magoo's. Actually, I do have one special request to make: I know thatboth you and Curley live in Spain and the island of Tenerife -- I would love to hear more about the Spaniards and their culture. Especially,the beauty of the senoritas.Yeah, let's live it for today and not worry about the chicken chit of tomorrow. Respectfully -- Jake
SPAIN! well, I am not sure who taught who here, living in Spain is very much, like living in the PI, family orientated, sometimes, to an irritable level, Just like the families there, I am not sure if Curly would agree but some days, you could be confused at the sameness. Obviously it is so much different, Cleaner, Weather cooler, Laws that are in the main, Adhered too. The language barrier is a battle most days, They can speak English, like the french, they just don't want to. You live here, speak our language. I have great Fun in the Bars ordering Food and a beer, the language of GIB where I work, is Llaneto, Half Spanish and Half English our local bar just call me "The Mad Englishman "The culture I find is very similar in most things, The men do as they please and the ladies, well, market, School, yap yap yap! :mocking: If you think Filipino here and Spanish there, somewhere you can get it right.I could go on forever, the scenery is beautiful as are the majority of the Senoritas. Like the PI the envy things is big here, The main thing is that it is a fairly Safe country to be in.All in all, The Spanish have a lot to answer for, Good or bad. It was easy for me to Live in either place, as it feels the same in certain circumstances. The LTO here is the Guardia Civil Traffico, same elk, How much can I screw the Motorist for to-day. Corruption, well Again, I wonder who taught who?I will say more as the Posts go on BUT! one of the Best things is They have Sam Miguel here :cheers: I have Great Fun telling them it is a Filipino Beer and Not Spanish.Jack P :)
  • Like 2

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted

great stuff Jack keep it coming!!! cheers!

Curley
Posted
Posted
JACK's MINI BLOG......hmmm, sounds like a nice and quiet cafe with a couple acoustic guitars and soothing vocals, like Linda Ronstadt. While we have a lively but friendly discussion over some cold San Magoo's. Actually, I do have one special request to make: I know thatboth you and Curley live in Spain and the island of Tenerife -- I would love to hear more about the Spaniards and their culture. Especially,the beauty of the senoritas.Yeah, let's live it for today and not worry about the chicken chit of tomorrow. Respectfully -- Jake
SPAIN! well, I am not sure who taught who here, living in Spain is very much, like living in the PI, family orientated, sometimes, to an irritable level, Just like the families there, I am not sure if Curly would agree but some days, you could be confused at the sameness. Obviously it is so much different, Cleaner, Weather cooler, Laws that are in the main, Adhered too. The language barrier is a battle most days, They can speak English, like the french, they just don't want to. You live here, speak our language. I have great Fun in the Bars ordering Food and a beer, the language of GIB where I work, is Llaneto, Half Spanish and Half English our local bar just call me "The Mad Englishman "The culture I find is very similar in most things, The men do as they please and the ladies, well, market, School, yap yap yap! :hystery: If you think Filipino here and Spanish there, somewhere you can get it right.I could go on forever, the scenery is beautiful as are the majority of the Senoritas. Like the PI the envy things is big here, The main thing is that it is a fairly Safe country to be in.All in all, The Spanish have a lot to answer for, Good or bad. It was easy for me to Live in either place, as it feels the same in certain circumstances. The LTO here is the Guardia Civil Traffico, same elk, How much can I screw the Motorist for to-day. Corruption, well Again, I wonder who taught who?I will say more as the Posts go on BUT! one of the Best things is They have Sam Miguel here :lol: I have Great Fun telling them it is a Filipino Beer and Not Spanish.Jack P :)
I believe that it was the Spanish that taught the Fillipinos their bad habits, :thumbsup:
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well curley, I make you right on That, With 14 (including the mayor) of the 25 strong Marbella City Council in jail for fraud just now, :dance: I think Spain, can claim a top league Spot, on Corruption. I don't know about the Canaries but Mainland, is Having a Hard Time and With so many Government Workers left unpaid one wonders, where the missing Money is. Last week it was stated that over 4000, of the 8.500 Ayumientos in Spain are Broke. San Roque (Cadiz) has the mayor in a new Jaguar X12, while his Driver has not been Paid since January. Beggars belief I think. Jack P. :angry: