Its Over,no More Non Stop Flights To Eu

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes thats right. KLM/Air France has now decided to end the NON STOP flights from Manila to AmsterdamAfter “stubbornly” flying non-stop from Manila to Europe for eight years, even when other airlines dropped out one by one from the route, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines bid a sentimental adieu Sunday to its 14-hour direct Manila-Amsterdam flight.Under the new flight schedule, KLM shifts from a morning departure to nightly flights, with a two and a half hour stopover in Taipei. The flight arrives in Amsterdam at 6:10 a.m. the next day.http://www.philstar....ubCategoryId=63AIR FRANCE-KLM on Mondayannounced the end of its direct service between Manila and Amsterdam, saying passengers on the route would need to stop in Taipei.“This change consequently reduces seat capacity for the passengers originating in Manila, and likewise for those traveling in the opposite direction,” said Cees Ursem, Air France KLM’s general manager for the South China Sea region.The end to the non-stop service to Amsterdam was announced after KLM pleaded unsuccessfully with the Aquino administration to dropthe 3-percent common carriers tax and the2.5-percent gross billings tax on cargo and passenger revenues originating in the country to help it cope with rising costs.http://www.manilasta...s-carriers-tax/KLM is virtually saying that it is no longer fun in the Philippines. :dance:

Edited by Call me Bubba

• 2 weeks later...
TERENCE
Posted
Posted

correct Bubba i just experienced thisi flew from england to manila direct one stop from amsterdam but on my return we stopped in tapai for 1.30 mins to change crews when i asked why they told me it was political by the phils govenrnent asking for more taxes when will they learn this is hurting the ofws who supply 40% of income in phils sending money to there familyssorry about my rant

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
correct Bubba i just experienced thisi flew from england to manila direct one stop from amsterdam but on my return we stopped in tapai for 1.30 mins to change crews when i asked why they told me it was political by the phils govenrnent askinf for m,ore taxes when will they learn this is hurting the ofws who supply 40% of income in phils sending money to there familyssorry about my rant
Rant all you want But this 1.5 hour lay down sure beats the 8.5 hours in Dubai.I still find the Honkong/Zurich the best flight ever for me. even with a 2 hour lay down in HK and a 2 hour lay down in Zurich I can stll make the 23.5 hours to malaga a good Trip.It just needs a little reseach to find a good Alternative. Mailila HK 1.5 hours. 2 hours lay down. 12 hours HK to Zurich and maybe 2/2.5 Zurich Amsterdam. or even 3.5 Zurich Heathrow. Check out Swiss Air or Virgin, Using the Virgin Sydney route is Quite good.Life is never going to be easy where cash is concerned.Jack P. :cheersty:
  • Like 1