Doj Chief Calls For Protest Vs Us On Graft Report

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Corruption, what corruption, You all must be wrong, or could it be that I forgot to take off my blinders. :th_thholysheep: DoJ chief calls for protest vs US on graft report. I guess the best defense is a strong offense SugarwareZ-004.gifhttp://www.tribuneonline.org/headlines/20090228hed2.html I guess this commentary says it all http://www.tribuneonline.org/commentary/20090228com1.html

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

ATTACK! Political SOP here in the States for many years now, no facts just attack and demonize the opponent with innuendo lies and distorted media. Most American people are stupid and lazy. They don’t want to be bored with detailed analysis or to THINK.Philippines is another story we are the VISITORS. if we are going to play with their toys we have to abide by their rules.I’m not excusing the behavior of the controlling families running the Philippines but we must understand this is the choice of the Filipino people. It’s their country and they have a choice how it is run. They have voted those crooks into office at lower levels over and over again for the past 50 years. The “BIG” fish are not elected at all and everyone knows it. The Philippines is become a Kleptocracy, gone from Pearl Of the Orient to a small pitiful third world backwater. A sad joke of what might have been a great nation.IMO some of the very best people on earth are Filipino. Sad the Philippines is a failure.

Edited by Old55

TheMason
Posted
Posted
The Philippines is become a Kleptocracy, gone from Pearl Of the Orient to a small pitiful third world backwater. A sad joke of what might have been a great nation.IMO some of the very best people on earth are Filipino. Sad the Philippines is a failure.
I like the term kleptocracy. It's so much more appropriate than oligarchy. In many respects, Filipinos are wonderful people but when it comes to govt, they are getting exactly what they deserve. The Filipinos sell their future 1 vote at a time. They are active participants in their own destruction, not innocent victims.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

I would agree except for one thing. Just because they sell their vote to the highest bidder does not mean that if they sold it to the lowest bidder or neither they would get anyone more honest in the office.