Duck Duck Go!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I got tired of Google and Yahoo tracking every keystroke I make when searching the web, and spamming me with ads related to my searchs, so I looked for other options. I found Duck Duck Go, and supposedly they do not track you. I thought others might be interested:http://duckduckgo.com/It seems to find everything I need so I will try it. I'm not sure what their business model is but I found little bit of info that they are self-funded, whatever that means.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

thanks :nudie: I just tried it, doesnt have all the bells and whistles like the others(in depth)Yet it does very well on what i needed to search for. 1%20(172).gif

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

No more "Google It" for me. "Duck it"! :nudie:

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I agree about the tracking and ad targeting by your search keystrokes.Just wait till face recognition becomes more main stream. Imagine walking through a mall, you stop and look at a jewelry shop to look at watches. As you walk through the mall, advertisments will change to the brand of watch you were just looking at. Targeted advertising at its best.

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Targeted advertising at its best.

have read an article. that now the stores track what your buying and send you certain "discount" coupons,

and with THIS tracking, they will know if a woman is preg before she even knows or has told others.

forgot the exact place. BUT it was a US TARGET and they sent some info on baby items to this mans wife or daughter,

he was totally surprised and :angry: SHOCKED. scary isnt ,

• Like 1