Anybody Tried Aap? (Automobile Association Philippines)

billten
Posted
Posted

I was just wondering if they may help you out if you got into a jam somewhere remote, any experiences?http://www.aaphilippines.org/index.aspx

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Go to their website (I used the link) and on the first page of the Benefits tab (24/7 Emergency Response), it tells you the boundaries of the free service as well as (farther down the page) what it costs (approximate) for services outside these areas. Looks like a decent service if you live in the free area but outside of that, it's gonna cost you!

• 2 months later...
joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

If your car is a "special needs" one, you better have them. otherwise forget it. if you happen to brake down inbetween the boundaries or where ever else, do call for any road assistnace company. Their truck is coming they tell you that you will be charged for the membership fee to enroll on the spot (2 to 3000 pesos) or you give to the truck 500-1000p he fixes your problem or pulls you to a good repair shop up to 10-20kms away and he reports that he never found your car....Last time i encountered that was 2006 that was the last time i had a second hand car...but should be like that now too, easy profit never goes away in this country!!!!

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a good service IF you live in Manila ..... Cebu City or Davao ...... but if you are traveling it could really be a problem ..... wish they had more offices ..... would be nice to have one on each major island .....

• Like 1