Firewall ......

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

And just when you thought it was safe to go back to your regular reading up pops (or is that poops) the gremlin and asks ..... :yes: ...... how do you allow an item to pass through your hardware fire wall (like the Veetle movie player) when you don't know the proper name and port to use ..... already checked the Port Forwarding website and it is not listed :) ..... I have several other programs like uTorrent already configured in my Linksys router and they work just fine ..... but the Veetle player says "your firewall is not configured correctly" :hystery: .... now the Veetle website will open and movies will play with Flash Player but not the Veetle Player ..... and I can't watch the movies in HD with out it ..... I shut off my Win7 Firewall as I thought that might be the culprit ..... but it wasn't .... all I have is my hardware firewall ..... am going to do a Google on it and see what comes up ...... but just in case you have nothing better to do :any-help: :mocking:

Edited by Mike S

dean01
Posted
Posted

works fine here using globe dsl

post-2091-0-31142300-1333809415_thumb.pn

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Veetle is great if you have no security on your system - 9 out of 10 people with security now have issues with it. Check you anti-virus to make sure it's not keeping Veetle out. McAffee and AVG are well known to have issues with Veetle. BitDefender and the like are all anti-Veetle. If your Veetle is not the most current and fully updated, you will have issues. First thing you should do whenever you have an issue with Veetle is clear your cache and all cookies or you will always have more issues. Some versions of Windows have issues with Veetle as well. Even Veetle has issues with Veetle!!!Best bet? Try something else other than Veetle!

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob .... it seems to have cleared up for the present ..... I found out you had to add 2 add-ons to FireFox to make it work right ..... I would try some others but unfortunately I can find some as easy as this one ..... I seem to remember you gave me a link months ago but I never could get it to work for some weird reason ....I watched "spooks" for 3 hours last night .... if you like BBC shows "spooks" is fantastic .... all about MI5 ..... (I assume some kind of British Intelligent) .....

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hey Mike!I'm glad it worked for you! It seems that add-ons are required for Veetle on most browsers too.The link you mentioned - was it for Project Free Tv? If you are interested, it was at http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/ . I only have a few shows I watch - NCIS, NCIS LA, Hawaii 50, and the new one I really like - Justified. Funny - all are cop shows and 2 are military related with one loosely military related. Anybody find a link for the old Hee Haw show? :hystery:

• Like 1