Ha! And You Think It Is Only Smart Or Globe!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:cheersty: Curly may Understand this more than others, Shortly after I joined this Forum, I was Cut off, No Phone, No Internet, TELEFONICA, Spain's national telephone company (Now called Moviestar) had collected MARCH payment from the bank but due to an Oversight, Not February.Well, on the 10th of march, I was disconnected. ANNOYED, I rang them, well she said (The So called help desk) You must pay this account bye saturday or you will stay off Line. So, up to the Post Office I go and duly pay their €55 account. This was on the 14th March. So all is well.NOW! Today I go to the bank to pay in some Cash for Aprils Account, Due tomorrow the 10th.HA! not only do I find that I have been debited one day early for April BUT the € 55 account for February is also showing as paid. on the 16th having been pain in cash on the 14th. So as you can imagine, when I get home, I give them both barrels. After much silly talk, I tell them that I do not want a Cheque for this 15/16 days Postage time, NO you repay it to the bank NOW Today. mmm can't do that she says, it will take 10/15 days. Why I ask? well it is the system. B....s...t I tell her, it took you less than 10 seconds and 1 day early to take it, just repay it. I am not known for my patience at times, To my surprise, the bank rang only 35 Min's ago to say that they have received the return of the €55 + a 4% discount on next months Bill. Seems Shouting as we foreigners can, has paid off Dividends for Once.Just my Story for today folks :)Jack P. :mocking:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I feel for you Jack! And yes! Stupidity can take place anywhere in this world!Here in Canada, I have given up on cable. A few years back, I had to cancel my service due to moving out of the area (cable is monopolized by the companies in area only) and went to their storefront to return my router and pay off my bill. Cash. Even had the official receipt. Moved back to the area a year later and tried to get cable - I was told that I hadn't paid my bill. Got out the old receipt and showed them... "Oh no sir! That can't be our receipt - we don't accept cash!" Only way to get cable was to pay them again! So 6 months later I get a tag on the door saying they are going to disconnect me for non-payment... I went online and found where my payent was automatically taken from my bank account. What did they say this time? "I'm sorry sir - your account does not show the money being used to pay your bill so you either have to pay again or you will be disconnected." Pissed as can be I went to the bank and got a letter from my bank stating that Yes! The cable company had taken the money out of my account! Back to thte cable company and what did they say? "Our records show your account still is outstanding - you must pay or be disconnected. We will then take you to court to reclaim our losses and expenses." That was 5 years ago - I'm still waiting for them to take me to court.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: if it was not so Stupid I could Die laughing. :hystery: to top things off, I complained about not getting facturas (Written Account) the customer services :mocking: said they had sent them. mmm Where did you send them I asked? to your House, OH! and where do I Live. She told me 11368 San Roque Ferreira. Nope I said, it is 11369 Taraguilla. She told me that there was no 11369 T. mmm Who told you that. She said my Post Code book. you live in 11368 SRF. Oh so all the letters I get for 11369 are wrong, Must be she said. ODD that I get mail from all others except Telefonica. Well we sent it to 11368 SRF, but that is a Different Pueblo (Town) On asking why all the other mail I get is addressed correctly and I get the mail, why are you still not using my Correct Post Code. her reply was, cos it says so in this Book. AH ok so you know the Area then and you can tell me this book is right.No sir I don't know Spain at all. OH! OH! OMG what am I doing here I thought, so where are you, I asked? of I am in MUMBI. Errrrrrrrrrr enough said i think.I am all for Outsourcing if it is a good deal but I fail to see how anyone can tell me that Different Villages that have the same street names sometimes, can both have the same post Code. Who am I to tell the Phone Company different.Odd how the Engineer knows where I live, when I have a problem with the Phone or Internet.Good we have some local man and they do not send an Engineer from MUMBI. Whaterver next, Would they ever find me? :unsure:Jack P. :)

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted
:hystery: Curly may Understand this more than others, Shortly after I joined this Forum, I was Cut off, No Phone, No Internet, TELEFONICA, Spain's national telephone company (Now called Moviestar) had collected MARCH payment from the bank but due to an Oversight, Not February.Well, on the 10th of march, I was disconnected. ANNOYED, I rang them, well she said (The So called help desk) You must pay this account bye saturday or you will stay off Line. So, up to the Post Office I go and duly pay their €55 account. This was on the 14th March. So all is well.NOW! Today I go to the bank to pay in some Cash for Aprils Account, Due tomorrow the 10th.HA! not only do I find that I have been debited one day early for April BUT the € 55 account for February is also showing as paid. on the 16th having been pain in cash on the 14th. So as you can imagine, when I get home, I give them both barrels. After much silly talk, I tell them that I do not want a Cheque for this 15/16 days Postage time, NO you repay it to the bank NOW Today. mmm can't do that she says, it will take 10/15 days. Why I ask? well it is the system. B....s...t I tell her, it took you less than 10 seconds and 1 day early to take it, just repay it. I am not known for my patience at times, To my surprise, the bank rang only 35 Min's ago to say that they have received the return of the €55 + a 4% discount on next months Bill. Seems Shouting as we foreigners can, has paid off Dividends for Once.Just my Story for today folks :)Jack P. :mocking:
Well done Jack, you can sort all my Movistar problems for me. Just remember if there are cock ups in Spain you can guarantee they taught the Fillipinos how to copy them. :hystery:

Curley
Posted
Posted
:hystery: if it was not so Stupid I could Die laughing. :hystery: to top things off, I complained about not getting facturas (Written Account) the customer services :mocking: said they had sent them. mmm Where did you send them I asked? to your House, OH! and where do I Live. She told me 11368 San Roque Ferreira. Nope I said, it is 11369 Taraguilla. She told me that there was no 11369 T. mmm Who told you that. She said my Post Code book. you live in 11368 SRF. Oh so all the letters I get for 11369 are wrong, Must be she said. ODD that I get mail from all others except Telefonica. Well we sent it to 11368 SRF, but that is a Different Pueblo (Town) On asking why all the other mail I get is addressed correctly and I get the mail, why are you still not using my Correct Post Code. her reply was, cos it says so in this Book. AH ok so you know the Area then and you can tell me this book is right.No sir I don't know Spain at all. OH! OH! OMG what am I doing here I thought, so where are you, I asked? of I am in MUMBI. Errrrrrrrrrr enough said i think.I am all for Outsourcing if it is a good deal but I fail to see how anyone can tell me that Different Villages that have the same street names sometimes, can both have the same post Code. Who am I to tell the Phone Company different.Odd how the Engineer knows where I live, when I have a problem with the Phone or Internet.Good we have some local man and they do not send an Engineer from MUMBI. Whaterver next, Would they ever find me? :unsure:Jack P. :)
When I first applied for a tel in Spain I had to go to the capital to confirm my address on their map, i sent them a fax showing the exact location on a copy of a militery map.... they wouldn't accept that and insisted I go to their office. I went with map and my escritura (deeds of the property issued by the land registry). After pointing out my house on the map they cheerfully told me that my address was incorrect even thought the land registry and the local town hall thought differently. I have found out since that Telefonica/Movistar have their own address book and will only deal with what's in there. New to an area and want a phone? Very likely you will be told to knock on a neighbours door and ask their tel No..... then Telefonica will be able to find you..... I kid you not.
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: For sure, if it was a Speeding Fine or a Denouncia the Policia Local or Guardia will soon find you. Here in my small Village we are only 3 Brits and a few Romanions, we are surely known, Me! I am the mad Englishman. As I have said before, Spain has a Lot to answer for all over the World. Then they have always used the Double edged sword, one rule for them and one rule for others. Now, with 2 post codes I am not sure I know where I live. maybe I will stay off the SMB tonight in case i get lost. I may end up in Plaza-del-las-Flores est San Roque and not Plaza-del-las-Flores Taraguilla. on the other hand, it may make life Interesting :cheers:Thank you for the replies Curley,Jack P. :hystery:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well Jack I now feel a WHOLE lot better ..... at lest Globe sent a man out to check on my location just to make sure I really lived here ....... when you tell them in the office where you live they send someone out to make sure ...... well at least with me they did .... (twice) ....... see Mike B ... Globe does do SOMETHING RIGHT ...... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Of Course mike, this sort of raises another Question and maybe exposes yet another Rip off. The ID card. What is the Point of Photograph ID cards with the majority bearing an Address, if they are considered not acceptable of proof of Address. Time was, when This and a Utility bill was the proof you needed.I know we have to accept the Big Brother attitude but the Big Uncle thing is taking it all a bit far I feel.Some days, I feel we really are, living in a world of Total mistrust. All so I can sit here and Post to my hearts content.Hey Ho, Today is Bike mechanic day, lets see what he can rip me off for. no doubt I will have to prove it is my Bike, as if I would repair someone else's.Jack P. :hystery:

• Like 1