Drifters Bar - Country Mall Banilad

jode
Posted
Posted

Is a small ground level bar with decent food and a mix of regulars and newbie ex-pats from a variety of countries. It has a small outdoor area where you can drink your beer and oogle the passing beauties and be frowned upon by others for doing so. It is run by the ex of the founding ex-pat. A common situation you will find with many businesses (beware!). There is a regular (Bill I think his name is as I recall) who is a human encyclopedia of sports trivia (think before getting him started!). I have been there when a blues trio was playing that was so good I bought their CD. A friendly place for meeting other ex-pats, seems to be busier during day than later in evening.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I just want to add that it may be better to give it a miss if you are a homophobe. One of the regular customers is an unabashed gay foreigner who is so well tolerated there that he meets his 'dates' there on occasion. If that bothers you then you would be wise to give it a miss.

Cebu
Posted
Posted

i don't live too far from Country Mall, been to Drifters a couple of times, but alas the clientelle is way too high class for me.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

It is run by the ex of the founding ex-pat.

It used to be owned by Monica, the ex of an expat but I was told she sold it

Last time I was in there, long time employee, Lanie, was the manager.

Regards; Jim