Made Me Feel Real Sad

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Saw something I have never seen in over 4 years of living here today ..... especially seeing as how close family ties are here in the Philippines .... there was a little old white haired lola carrying a large sack on her back being dragged along by her shirt sleeve by her apparent daughter or grand daughter .... she was pulling her so hard she stumbled and dropped the sack several times while I watched in the stalled traffic ..... they were evidently very poor according to their dress and lack of apparent bathing ... it almost looked like she was being used as a beast of burden .... the one doing the pulling only had a small bag and was in much better shape to be carrying the big sack as was the other woman with them carrying what looked like rolled up cloth .... she was being pulled so hard that the sweater like top she was wearing was stretched out about 2 foot in front of her ..... the woman was snatching and jerking her along .... :th_unfair:Now I don't know the reason why but NO-BODY deserves to be treated that way .... especially the elderly ... even if she was senile ... they could have led her by the hand instead of jerking her by her clothes ..... even the taxi driver made that clicking sound .... made me feel sad .... :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Saw something I have never seen in over 4 years of living here today ..... especially seeing as how close family ties are here in the Philippines .... there was a little old white haired lola carrying a large sack on her back being dragged along by her shirt sleeve by her apparent daughter or grand daughter .... she was pulling her so hard she stumbled and dropped the sack several times while I watched in the stalled traffic ..... they were evidently very poor according to their dress and lack of apparent bathing ... it almost looked like she was being used as a beast of burden .... the one doing the pulling only had a small bag and was in much better shape to be carrying the big sack as was the other woman with them carrying what looked like rolled up cloth .... she was being pulled so hard that the sweater like top she was wearing was stretched out about 2 foot in front of her ..... the woman was snatching and jerking her along .... :th_unfair:Now I don't know the reason why but NO-BODY deserves to be treated that way .... especially the elderly ... even if she was senile ... they could have led her by the hand instead of jerking her by her clothes ..... even the taxi driver made that clicking sound .... made me feel sad .... :thumbsup:
You're a good fella Mike. I've seen some really terrible things too but all i'm gonna say here is that if it ever becomes oblivious to you..........then that will indeed be a sad day.
  • Like 4

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Saw something I have never seen in over 4 years of living here today ..... especially seeing as how close family ties are here in the Philippines .... there was a little old white haired lola carrying a large sack on her back being dragged along by her shirt sleeve by her apparent daughter or grand daughter .... she was pulling her so hard she stumbled and dropped the sack several times while I watched in the stalled traffic ..... they were evidently very poor according to their dress and lack of apparent bathing ... it almost looked like she was being used as a beast of burden .... the one doing the pulling only had a small bag and was in much better shape to be carrying the big sack as was the other woman with them carrying what looked like rolled up cloth .... she was being pulled so hard that the sweater like top she was wearing was stretched out about 2 foot in front of her ..... the woman was snatching and jerking her along .... :th_unfair:Now I don't know the reason why but NO-BODY deserves to be treated that way .... especially the elderly ... even if she was senile ... they could have led her by the hand instead of jerking her by her clothes ..... even the taxi driver made that clicking sound .... made me feel sad .... :SugarwareZ-034:
You're a good fella Mike. I've seen some really terrible things too but all i'm gonna say here is that if it ever becomes oblivious to you..........then that will indeed be a sad day.

That would indeed piss me off to no end. Unfortunately, I would be the one in jail awaiting deportation if I interfered.
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just goes back to that other post floating around right now - the one about kids learning respect...

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I guess the thing that gets to me the most is kids animals and old people (hey ... I are one .... :mocking: ) .... those that can't stick up for themselves ... anything else is fair game and doesn't bother me one bit .... now when I say animals I mean abuse .... I have shot and caught my fair share of game ..... all kinds .... but it was eaten or caught and released or needed to be killed ...... not abused ...... Steve .... yea ... sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and remember where you are .....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
shiredevon
Posted
Posted

I have to be honest the only time i ever give is to old people or i buy the peanuts in sugar from them, heck i don't even like the stuff, i just think it could be me one day eh, the rest can get a job.

• Like 1