Tragic Death By Stupidity

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I can not believe anyone would let a six year old anywhere near a wood chipper. If anyone has had anything to do with these would know why as they are powerful and obviously dangerous even for an adult.

1%20(103).gif

Boy, 6, killed in wood chipper tragedy

A town in the United States is in mourning following the tragic death of a child killed by a wood chipper.

Six-year-old Jeffrey Bourgeois died after being sucked into a wood chipper while helping his father and two older siblings at a gardening job in Salem on Tuesday morning.

Jeffrey was on school holidays when he decided to join his father, Scott, 39, to remove a tree from a garden.

According to reports, Mr Bourgeois briefly turned his back when Jeffrey put a tree branch in the chipper, which "yanked him into the machine".

Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said the death was so horrific that grief counsellors were called to the scene immediately.

"The little guy was apparently trying to help his dad," Lt. Vance said.

"It's a very tragic and difficult scene for everybody."

post-1-0-44991400-1334206142_thumb.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm sure the father will be haunted by this for the rest of his days. Adding a 'stupidity' insult to his injury is not something I would do. It is a sad thing.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm sure the father will be haunted by this for the rest of his days. Adding a 'stupidity' insult to his injury is not something I would do. It is a sad thing.

Of course its sad but also stupid to allow kids anywhere near these things, I doubt if he will be reading my post but its stupid whether its an insult to injury or not.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Shortly after my ex-wife and I seperated, I pulled into the old farm one day to see my kids before she got home from work. She had left a note for the twins (boys - 11 years old) to use the hydraulic wood splitter on 5 cords of wood and to also clear out the branches and scrub using the wood chipper... Needless to say we had words when she got home with one of the very few threats over kids I ever gave!!!

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

I lot of people in the world cannot see danger. Seeing danger before an accident happens is a talent I have. Hey, maybe I can start a business of warning about dangers. Well, it wouldn't work in the Philippines. No one ever thinks about safety here. When someone has an accident everyone is amazed at why it happened.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I am amazed that there are not more accidents here in the Phills especially on the construction side.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I am amazed that there are not more accidents here in the Phills especially on the construction side.

Likely there is but they don't make the news unless a foreigner was the engineer. :rolleyes:

• Like 1