Tawa - Tawa Studies

retired
Posted
Posted

Don't know if anyone on this forum has had any experience with the tawa tawa leave to treat dengue or not but my family has on two ocassions . Both times my wife took the brew to the local hospital and was allowed to adminster ( no , we ain't in Kanas anymore ) :-) Platlet count increased dramitically in both cases . Now , one can argue whether the increse was due to hspital adminstered drugs or not of course . Bottom line is do you want to wait for years of drug trials to complete before having scientific validation ?

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/tawa-tawa-focus-dost-study-080301441.html

Question i asked years ago was why hadn't the studies already been done .? Answer , of course , is why would the drug companies want to invest in years of research to develope a product that is basically readily available in this country . Brings to mind the South American leaf that shamans use to produce the " inner experience " ( read psychdelic ) that is banned in the US ( except as a methadone treatment for hard core addictions ) but is being used in some European countries .

And why would the American drug companies not be interested ? Because it works apparently . At least based on leaked info from those actually adminstering the drug . Success rate has been well over 90 % for even hard core addiction like Herion . But, think about it ... A drug that might actually cure drug addictions permanently ? Who would stand to lose ? How about Mexico , Afghan. Burma , the drug cartels , ... :-)

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

my wifes family also use tawa tawa , a friend of mine came down with dungue and refused to go to the doctor, after a few days in bed his wife called my wife and they brought the tawa tawa he drank the tea and after about 5 days he became well again, was it the tawa tawa i can say ,but he took no other medicine, and i am sure he had the dungue , the red rash and other signs, i am told it is available in drug stores also.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There are very few drugs available today that are not a synthetic version of a natural plant-based drug. Even in pesticides - a good example is DEET which is just a synthetic variation on Citronella oil. So why don't the drug companies make these cures? Because people know about the naturopathic cures and the drug companies won't make money. The ones people don't know about anymore? Those are what the drug companies want! Go and check out their R&D personnel and you will always find somebody who is well versed in naturopathy and herbal folklore at the international levels.

• Like 2