Cost For Electric Service In The Provience

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Here are the details of obtaining electric service in the provience, i am more than 30 meters from the last pole, so you have to go about getting a pole set, this is still in progress after a year, my wifes cousin started the process, he has the permission from land owners , and all paper work turned in to Davao Light. But still no pole, so i took the filipino route, electrician lives at last pole paid 13,000 piso for little house to be built, than meter pole added, after this he obtained permit for meter, bought 20,000 piso materials and paid 5,000 piso for his labor, we ran wire from meter pole to my house about 90 meters and he is completing the wiring this week and hope to have meter next week, so a total of about P38,000, where in old house the pole is outside the door but next to the main highway so cost about 4,000 for electric service, be sure and check this out before you buy or build, i noticed before i built my new house all others around me had electric service so i didn,t think much about it, but later found only a few had meters, the others hook to their electric for monthly fee, i have already had two of my neighbors wanting to do that with me, but no thanks and when i ask about this at davao light, they say do what your local electrician tells you, you would think davao light would be happy to set a pole and transformer there are 11 familys living in my compound.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was looking to purchase a house and lot in Dalaguete province. Three thing s put me off One was shared electricity two shared water three was the drains which I think just drained away into the ground. I did not like the idea of having to rely on someone elses connection as at any time they could start to charge me what they felt like and hold me to ransom.

billten
Posted
Posted

Not sure about where you are but 'flying' (running off someone else's electric meter) is a practice very common here in the Carcar mountains and recently our electric company has tried really hard to stamp it out due to several house fires. If you are caught flying, they cut your meter off, make you wait for 6 months to re-apply for power and then you got to pay about P5k to get reconnected. For many that is a huge bill so loads of flying people have been cut off by their neighbors, and their have been a LOT of nasty fights because of it.

About the land thing, i agree totally, but i also will add that getting a friendly locally certified electrician to look the place over and give you a quotation to connect a meter to the place can easily give you a scope of the problem.

• Like 2

jode
Posted
Posted

, bought 20,000 piso materials and paid 5,000 piso for his labor, we ran wire from meter pole to my house about 90 meters and he is completing the wiring this week and hope to have meter next week, so a total of about P38,000

Wow that seems like alot. Paid for electric service to be installed at my gf's family hut in province in cebu. Did it for reasons outlined by others here about problems with just having extension cord from neighbors for electricity. The total cost was 5,000 pisos for pole, circuit breakers, meter and electrician, and she thinks electrician charged her too much because he got wind that foreigner involved.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Yes it was cheap to have my wifes house wired but the pole was already there and it was a small house, i checked prices at my local hardware and on line, the lady at the hardware told my wife citi hardware would be cheaper but it was not , we have a lot of wiring, air conditioners in bed rooms, freezer all kind of lights inside and out plugins and lights in the dirty kitchen and he and his helper worked about a week, that also included the wire and 2 poles, meter pole and base and all permits. A private pole set by Davao Light cost around 30,000 piso and the wait is forever. and we are talking 100 meters of wire plus 16 breaker panel all first class no junk, the wire and all equiptment must be to their specs.

• Like 1