Act Of Valor And Battleship Movies

United Army
Posted
Posted

Well if you like action and good fire fight scenes then Act of Valor is the movie to see. Its some what weak in the start of the movie, but picks up fast and is just super to watch. Today I saw Battleship...my god it was good, better than Act of Valor I feel. Maybe since I'm x-navy or a big Battleship fan, but I have to say Battleship kicks As.......wow....

• Like 3

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

One of my friends I grew up with and has been in the Navy since high school is in several scenes in Battleship.. I cant wait to see it :) .. I guess they used many military personal as extras . Looking forward to the movie

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Just curious.... where did you get to see Battleship? It doesn't exactly get released until next month...

jode
Posted
Posted

Just curious.... where did you get to see Battleship? It doesn't exactly get released until next month...

it is playing at ayala in cebu. Some movies they seem to release early in Phil. Sometimes u can even get the pirated DVD before the movie is released in theaters in USA. Thanks for the tip on movie, with limited things to do in Cebu on an evening out with gf, movies are big.

I am a little tired of the ever more spectacular volence, and continuous gasoline explosions, kind of action movies lately. Years of trying to outdo the last action movie has made them too frantic a pace for me. Maybe Battleship actually has a story and real characters to go along with the special effects.

History of warships and especially battleships is an interest of mine. Was a thrill for me to visit the Missouri in Pearl Harbor and see the spot where Japanese signed their surrender.

A book I want to read is "Battle of Surigao Strait" The last battle in history where the big guns of battleships blazed away at each other. The scene of that battle is close when in Visayas.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

it is playing at ayala in cebu. Some movies they seem to release early in Phil. Sometimes u can even get the pirated DVD before the movie is released in theaters in USA. Thanks for the tip on movie, with limited things to do in Cebu on an evening out with gf, movies are big.

I am a little tired of the ever more spectacular volence, and continuous gasoline explosions, kind of action movies lately. Years of trying to outdo the last action movie has made them too frantic a pace for me. Maybe Battleship actually has a story and real characters to go along with the special effects.

History of warships and especially battleships is an interest of mine. Was a thrill for me to visit the Missouri in Pearl Harbor and see the spot where Japanese signed their surrender.

A book I want to read is "Battle of Surigao Strait" The last battle in history where the big guns of battleships blazed away at each other. The scene of that battle is close when in Visayas.

Thanks Jode! I now have that book on my wish list: http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/0253352428.

I had the opportunity to actually see the Missouri alongside our small frigate as we "unrep" for

stores and fuel from her. It was such a majestic sight to see the big guns as well as the harpoon

canisters and the dual 5" inch gun mounts at the mid section.

Go Navy -- Jake

PS -- thanks United Army for the heads up......

• Like 2

United Army
Posted
Posted

It is playing at SM in Cebu.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Already out... well that explains why the pirated copies get here so fast.

We pulled up behind a battleship during the Gulf War Part 1 at the gas pumps... I mean unrep. Awesome sight.

Curley
Posted
Posted

It's also been playing in Thailand.