I'll Just Bet You Are Dying To Know

Mike S
Posted
Posted

What my lates adventure with Globe has been .... well actually it has been fantastic ... speed is great about 2.0Mbps down and .40Mbps up ...... all my websites now work and I can watch Veetle in full HD .... with no disconnects or glitches of any kind ..... Globe still has not changed out my old gateway yet and I'm not really sure I want them too .... besides the new gateway is white and not black and would look pretty funky sitting among all my other equipment which is black (geeeeez .. never thought I would say that .... is that PC ... ???? :hystery: ) where is Bruce when you need him :mocking: ..... so for now I'm just ignoring Globe and hope they will go away ..... but now that I don't need them I'm sure they will show up .... I hate to give poor Bob a stroke by telling him he needs to go back and reconfigure a new gateway for me .... but maybe the settings he gave me are more for the Linksys router than for the Globe Prolink gateway ........ so :540: on ....... :dance:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

What my lates adventure with Globe has been .... well actually it has been fantastic ... speed is great about 2.0Mbps down and .40Mbps up ...... all my websites now work and I can watch Veetle in full HD .... with no disconnects or glitches of any kind ..... Globe still has not changed out my old gateway yet and I'm not really sure I want them too .... besides the new gateway is white and not black and would look pretty funky sitting among all my other equipment which is black (geeeeez .. never thought I would say that .... is that PC ... ???? :hystery: ) where is Bruce when you need him :mocking: ..... so for now I'm just ignoring Globe and hope they will go away ..... but now that I don't need them I'm sure they will show up .... I hate to give poor Bob a stroke by telling him he needs to go back and reconfigure a new gateway for me .... but maybe the settings he gave me are more for the Linksys router than for the Globe Prolink gateway ........ so :540: on ....... :dance:

Good to hear that your gateway is still stable. Regarding the color scheme of your total rig, I'm really PC'd!

What's wrong with brown.....you know, go native all the way.....he, he.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well just like I knew they would Globe just showed up and installed my new gateway ...... I asked the tech if the user name and password were still the same and he said yes ..... but now that he has left I can't access my gateway .... all I get is the page showing what the present settings are not the one that allows you to change the settings ..... by the way the new gateways ARE black and have WiFi and the IP address to access them has changed .... from 0.1 to 254.254 ...... my model is ProLink H500 1N ...... glad I had him disengage the WLAN before he left as I use my Linksys for WiFi ......guess I'll have to check around on the web for their new password to make changes in the gateway .... but so far everything is working ..... :dance: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

That's the same model I have, I thought that was the old one lol. When I pick it up and shake it I can hear something loose rattling around inside but it doesn't seem to be hindering anything. Having the wifi enabled on the g/w shouldn't hurt anything, it's just another network that you are not connecting to. Jus curious, if everything is working, why would you want to make changes? If it ain't broke.....(old computer and lawnmower repair saying)

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I agree about the "if it ain't broke thing" .... but me being a natural born tinkerer I would just like to know in case something does go wrong .... like the boy scout I am "always be prepared" ...... oh .. and i did ask him how often the IP address should change .... he said when ever I shut the gateway off it would generate a new IP address .... as I am not going to shut either one off I'll just see if that is true or not .....

When I pick it up and shake it I can hear something loose rattling around inside

Hummmmmmm ... my head does that too .......... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
just showed up and installed my new gateway

What is a GATEWAY? :e3358:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

A gateway, or residential gateway, is a DSL or cable modem that has more then 1 function e.g. integrated wifi router for home networks.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Uhm... Mike?

Couldn't you just take your router out of the circuit now and just use your modem? It's Wifi and has the connection for your PC so...?

Less boxes, less cable, less things to go wrong...

! :wt-hell: :kidding: :89:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

True but the Linksys has a much better setting for security and everything ..... plus for some reason as I said I can't get in to make changes on the Globe ..... it will not except my user name or password ..... (from the old router) .... the tech said it did not change but obviously he is wrong as it won't let me in ...... I also like to copy (with Screen Grab) all the settings so just in case I stuff something up (got a new saying now ... and like it .... thanks bundy .... :thumbsup: ) I can put it back to when it worked before I tinkered with it .... :hystery:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

There's a reason they lock their stuff down and they charge per month for their wifi. Better to use your own.

• Like 2