Free Phone Calls - Philippines To Canada?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I know most Canadians have settled on either Magic Jack to make telephone calls back to Canada but it still has it's yearly fee to stay active. Want to have free telephone calls back to Canada instead with no charge?

It's called "freephoneline" and it's a free SIP phone that you can download onto your computer if you are using Windows or Mac - sorry but no Linux yet (grrrrr!)... I believe you need to do this while you are in Canada as you will need an address to register to (for e911 purposes) but it will follow you anywhere in the world you want to go! And there is also now a smart phone app you can download which will let you do so without taking a computer! All you need is a wifi connection to get it to work! I haven't tried the smartphone app yet (later today maybe?) but the desktop SIP works reasonably well - at least good enough for those rare times I need to call somewhere in Canada... I do recommend using a decent headset for your pc calls.

Now for the BUT! You cannot call everywhere in Canada yet... It's getting there but some rural areas are not covered. If you go to their website, they should have a page that will tell you where you can call to. And, no! That list was not up to date last time I looked! I tried to call a friend of mine but he was listed as not being in an operative area... We had a nice chat for an hour or so for free because, yes! It worked! So why not just download it and give it a try? Like I said - it's free!

http://www.freephoneline.ca/

No, I do not have any connection with this company through financial, ownership, family or any other means other than as a user! Phone user - not that other stuff! Hehe!