Nas Trumbo Point Key West

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

You may have seen that I recently posted some pictures of a recent motorcycle ride to Key West. It was a great ride and stay in Key West and the cost was fairly cheap due to staying in vacation rentals on NAS Trumbo Point. I learned of these vacation rentals while planning for my ride in the fall of last year and now that I have stayed I thought I would pass along the info for all you vets on the forum. I'm posting this here in the military section of the forum obviously due to the fact that the vacation rentals are only available to active and retired military and their guests. I know many of you are already living the dream in the Philippines, so this may only interest anyone still in the states who needs a get away from the grind. There are actually several NAS stations in Key West. The main one has the NEX, commissary, gym and visitors center if you need to get visitors passes for any of your guests. One station has a large RV and camping park. Trumbo Point where we stayed only has a small convenient store and Naval lodging where you can get a free breakfast from Mon-Fri excluding holidays. They have 2 styles of vacation rentals, 2 bedroom trailers for $65/night and 3 bedroom townhomes for $130/night, if I remember right. We rented 2 trailers. Active duty can reserve 6 months in advance and retired can reserve 3 months in advance. To reserve you can call 305-293-5000. I will attach some files with more info. Get down there and enjoy if you can.

01 MWR INFO 6-10.pdf

02 MWR INFO VR PICS.pdf

03 MWR INFO-ITT-Fishing.doc

05 MWR INFO-ITT-Water.doc

04 MWR INFO-ITT-Land.doc

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

You may have seen that I recently posted some pictures of a recent motorcycle ride to Key West. It was a great ride and stay in Key West and the cost was fairly cheap due to staying in vacation rentals on NAS Trumbo Point. I learned of these vacation rentals while planning for my ride in the fall of last year and now that I have stayed I thought I would pass along the info for all you vets on the forum. I'm posting this here in the military section of the forum obviously due to the fact that the vacation rentals are only available to active and retired military and their guests. I know many of you are already living the dream in the Philippines, so this may only interest anyone still in the states who needs a get away from the grind. There are actually several NAS stations in Key West. The main one has the NEX, commissary, gym and visitors center if you need to get visitors passes for any of your guests. One station has a large RV and camping park. Trumbo Point where we stayed only has a small convenient store and Naval lodging where you can get a free breakfast from Mon-Fri excluding holidays. They have 2 styles of vacation rentals, 2 bedroom trailers for $65/night and 3 bedroom townhomes for $130/night, if I remember right. We rented 2 trailers. Active duty can reserve 6 months in advance and retired can reserve 3 months in advance. To reserve you can call 305-293-5000. I will attach some files with more info. Get down there and enjoy if you can.

01 MWR INFO 6-10.pdf

02 MWR INFO VR PICS.pdf

03 MWR INFO-ITT-Fishing.doc

05 MWR INFO-ITT-Water.doc

04 MWR INFO-ITT-Land.doc

Outstanding post Brett! For an air force puke, I salute you sir!

Navy puke -- Jake

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Jake. Just thought I would pass this along to my fellow vets. Trumbo is an excellent value for its location.

Edited by volstateguy