2Go Travel

retired
Posted
Posted (edited)

Debating on whether to title this as 2gotravel or left brain versus right brain.. :-)

Unknown to me until recently WG & A , Cebu Ferries & Negros Navigation have all been merged into something called 2Go Travel . Which would suggest that traveling via ship would be easier to inquire about or book . So , looking at the site i run across a reference to credit card purchase requirements as well as ATM card purchase requirements . I was a little uncertain as to "exactly" what their web site meant by ATM card purchase so being duly left - brain oriented i sent them an email to clarify ( rather than a long distance call to Manila at my expense ) . Following is the communication that ensued .

Me to Them

Can you please explain exactly what you mean by an ATM Transaction when booking travel via 2go ? Does this mean you need a credit card or simply an atm account at a Philippine bank which can be debited for purchase of tickets ?

Thanks

Them to Me

Dear Valued Customer,

Warm greetings from 2GO Travel!

Regarding your inquiry, we have forwarded your email to our E-ticket Facilitator for them to verify and advise further details. Kindly anticipate their reply. You may also contact them directly by sending an e-mail at

eticket@2go.com.ph or call them in their hotline (632) 528-7209.

Thank you and should you have other concerns, please feel free to e-mail us at info@2go.com.ph.

At your service,

Rose Ann S. Viado

Email Facilitator

2nd email from Them to Me

Dear Valued Customer,

Please be advised that our online facility is book and buy only. We would like to inform that our e-Ticket Facility only accepts credit card (Visa and Mastercard) and ATM cards (Bancnet and Megalink affiliated banks) as payment. ( Had sort of figured this much out already ) :-)

You may click this link http://travel.2go.com.ph/ for easy access.

Tickets are on a first-come, first-served basis. Accommodation are subject to availability.

Should you have other concerns, please feel free to email us at eTicket@2Go.com.ph<mailto:eTicket@2Go.com.ph> or you may call us at (+63 2) 528-7209 from Monday to Friday, 0900H-1930H Philippine Time GMT +8hrs. We would be most glad to assist you.

At your service,

Tina C. Bayani

eTicket Facilitator

Ok , maybe it's just me but two facilitators later i still don't know what they mean by the ATM card reference . So are they refering to a Debit card or just a plain old ATM card tied to a savings account or what ? Now , if it's just the left - brain vs right - brain thing in play again i am not even sure how to ask them the question in a manner more easily understood by them .

Is it just me or another example of Philippine logic ( or not ) ? :-

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
- increased font size of pasted text
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I think by "credit card (Visa and Mastercard)" they mean credit or debit card and by "ATM" they mean any non-Visa/MC that can be used at a point of sale terminal. That would be my guess. It's very frustrating, I tried to make reservations with Trans Asia who's web site states "For reservations, contact us now!" with a number. When you call the number they tell you they don't take reservations by phone, you have to go to an office.

• Like 2