Philippine Real Estate Lawyer In Manila

wolf larsen
Posted
Posted

Can anyone recommend one or tell me where I can find one? How much is a decent lawyer's rate and what's a good way to tell if he's reputable/competent?

Thanks.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Must be someone who knows of a good lawyer in Manila but on the other hand the word lawyer always reminds me of what my father used to say, lawyers are only paid liars.

Anyway, bumping this up.

brock
Posted
Posted

I was recommended a lawyer from a member of this forum, When I contacted him he wanted a 30,000p retainer fee, I asked him exactly what he could do for me, He told me he could do this and do that, Everything he told me he could do was a pack of lies.

Although I must say this wasn't a real estate lawyer

mariposa
Posted
Posted

CAUSING SABARRE DECASTRO CHAN AND ASSOCIATES Ground Flr. National Press Club Bldg. Magallanes Drive Intramuros Manila they are not money shark. and very honest. But they are very busy most of the clients are Pro bono.

wolf larsen
Posted
Posted

I was recommended a lawyer from a member of this forum, When I contacted him he wanted a 30,000p retainer fee, I asked him exactly what he could do for me, He told me he could do this and do that, Everything he told me he could do was a pack of lies.

30k retainer is too much for me! I just had a couple legal questions. Maybe an hour of research.

CAUSING SABARRE DECASTRO CHAN AND ASSOCIATES Ground Flr. National Press Club Bldg. Magallanes Drive Intramuros Manila they are not money shark. and very honest. But they are very busy most of the clients are Pro bono.

Thanks. Have you used them before? What is the pricing?

mariposa
Posted
Posted

30k retainer is too much for me! I just had a couple legal questions. Maybe an hour of research.

yah they are my lawyers for years. You talk to them or maybe visit their office. Nwayz what is your query though?

wolf larsen
Posted
Posted (edited)

yah they are my lawyers for years. You talk to them or maybe visit their office. Nwayz what is your query though?

One of my queries was about whether foreigners can own a condo/townhouse if only in the Philippines on a tourist visa. I'm getting conflicting information about this. Some say that you're required to get an SRRV visa and others say that there are no such requirements.

The other question is a thorny contractual issue of a filipino friend of mine who lent money with a piece of property as colateral. The borrower defaulted, etc., etc. I suppose that one may take more than an hour of research.

Edited by wolf larsen

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

1.ah. You can own condo/townhouse. You can lease property up to 50years extendable with another 25 years but cannot own land. You can have it even if you enter tourist later you apply for visa requirements. If you will apply for 13 Quota Visa you need requirements (such like condo title, $40k in the bank and college certificates, or certificates that will show that it will be benefited the Philippines.)

2. i think you need a demand letter for that. (and for that you really need a lawyer)

i encounter experience like that a friend of mine also.

My lawyer is not online yet.. I will ask him about this. and that you can have a good advice (free) :)

Edited by ekonomizta
  • Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted

I talked to my lawyers, CAUSING SABARRE DECASTRO CHAN located in National Press Club Bldg. Magallanes Drive Intramuros, Manila. Their retaineers fee is only P7,000. A competitive price for a very intelligent lawyers in Manila.

• Like 1