Change Of Address On Acr Card.

chrisandging
Posted
Posted

When you move house within the Philippines, if you have an ACR you need to inform the BI.

I would be interested to know if anybody has done this and what is involved.

Where can it be done?

What is involved?

cost?

Thanks in advance

Chris

• Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

submit a letter of amendment address to commissioner to be submitted nearest to BI office of your place of resident.

Ex:

Hon. RICARDO DAVID JR(AFP. Chief ret.)

Commissioner

Bureau of Immigration

Magallanes Drive Intramuros

1002 Manila

Thru:___________

REQUEST FOR AMENDMENT

RE:----------------- (YOUR NAME)

-CITIZENSHIP-

Dear Sir;

May I have the honor to request for the Amendment of my husband's address from ------------- to ----------. Please be informed that we move our place of residency. For this purpose, The undersigned respectfully request for the Amendment of his address to be printed to his ACR-ICARD. He was a holder of13a Probationary/permanent Visa approved by the Board of Commissioners on ___________ valid until __________ with ACR-ICARD No.---------------- issued on------------- valid until-------------. and we are continuously and harmoniously living with each other as husband and wife up to the present.

Hoping that this letter request will merit your usual kind consideration and approval.

Attach herewith are pertinent documents for your perusal. (attach the copy of your ICARD but bring the original and documents showing your visa stamp and order of approval.)

Very respectfully,

----------------------------------

Wife-Petitioner

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO BEFORE ME this ____________ day of ________ in the City of ____. Affiant exhibited to me his/her Community Tax Certificate No./Passport No.____________ Issued on ________ at_______ valid until_____________.

NOTARY PUBLIC

Doc. No. _____

Page No._____

Book No._____

Series of 2012

Edited by ekonomizta
  • Like 2

mariposa
Posted
Posted

that would be 9000000 bucks hahahahah :dance:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

seems that the HEAT in manila is affecting many a persons judgement :thats-funny:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When we moved I have a permanent ACR we simply went down to the BI in Cebu and went to the 2nd floor and told them .... filled out a form and paid (I believe) 300p or 500p ..... they only update your records you don't get a new ACR I card so you don't have to pay for that ..... and you don't have to go back ..... longest time was getting the copies made next door ... I believe it was 3 ..... total less than 1 hour ..... as always KEEP A COPY OF ALL PAPERWORK YOU GET FROM ANY BUSINESS OR GOVERNMENT AGENCY ...... that way there will be no surprises later on .....

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

And here I thought I'd just put some whiteout on the card and write in the new address, or not. If anyone asks then tell them you are still at the same address. Why would anyone ask or care?

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

ADVANTAGES AND CONVENIENCE OF ACR I-CARD

ADVANTAGES AND CONVENIENCE OF ACR I-CARD

To the ACR I-Card Holders:

1. They are provided faster processing time at the ports of entry and exit with a maximum of 10 seconds for the verification process.
  2. They are assured that they are holding a genuinely issued ACR.
  3. They receive faster and more efficient service at the BI offices for immigration requirements.
  4. They are provided incomparable convenience as they are holding only one immigration document. No more paper-based ACR and ICR/NBCR/CRTV/CRTT/CRTS/CRPE, ECC, SRC and RP.
  5. Quick verification of information.
  6. Eliminates illegal and unwarranted detention of alien residents. The implementation of the ACR I-Card Project will prevent and eliminate instances where aliens are indiscriminately accosted, harassed and detained on mere suspicion of possessing fake or fraudulent immigration documents.
  7. It decreases the cost of transacting business with the Bureau of Immigration as the ACR I-Card Project will eliminate fixers, illegal middlemen and syndicates issuing falsified documents.

To The Bureau of Immigration:

1. Automates process of alien registration.
  2. Eliminates fraud in all aspects of alien registration as well as in the immigration entry/exit points in the country.
  3. Reduces the resources needed for manual passport checks and encoding of pertinent data while drastically improving immigration process time.
  4. Achieves higher revenues for the Bureau and the national government through increase in number of aliens who will register and improved efficiency in collection of fees.
  5. Enhances security of national borders against entry or exit of terrorists and transnational criminals; eliminates human smuggling activities.
  6. Increases efficiency of services to the resident aliens.
  7. Improves internal governance by eliminating fixers and illegal personnel issuing falsified documents.

(so it is necessary for those Icard holder if they need changes or amendment to inform BI) Since there mission is to control and regulate the entry and exit of foreigners here in PI and small details like that is necessary. Necessary for summons and other notices from BI in the future.

Edited by ekonomizta
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And here I thought I'd just put some whiteout on the card and write in the new address, or not. If anyone asks then tell them you are still at the same address. Why would anyone ask or care?

Dave as I said they do not change the address on your card .... the old address is still shown there ..... it is only for their records kept god knows where ..... it makes it handy for them should they wish to deport you to find your present where abouts ..... but if you are like SOME people just move every other month and just not notify them .... that seems to work ..... they can't find you ...... and if they do they don't know how many places you have moved to anyway ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3