Retirement Nears.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Tell ya what Curly, send me $50,000 and I will publicly thank you, probably kiss your rear for life. :10001: :999:

1st of May is not far off so yes, get yourself into retirement mode :cheersty:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Curley good luck on the 1st of May.

Take your retirement and make every day count as you`ve earned it. As for your employees well maybe they will appreciate it a little later when they realise how much hard work is involved when your own money is at stake. I`ve had the same thing happen to me in the past when I gave bonuses it`s like they are saying "is that all".

Hope it all works out for you.

Kevin

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Gee, when I signed off all my shares in my company, I didn't get a thank you either!

Of course, I was giving them up just to get distance from my ex during our divorce!!!

:mocking:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

On the day you officially retire, you'll probably feel quite sad...

Go home, have a good dinner and a beer / wine / drink and then go to bed early...

When you wake in the morning, you will feel sooooo great!!!!!

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Congratulations Curly! Good luck on retirement, I hope you enjoy every moment of it.

Curley
Posted
Posted

I have retired twice before, the first time it lasted two weeks :hystery: The second time about six months, this time I do feel that it is going to be permanent. Excited? I feel I should be but at the moment I just feel knackered. If I still had my girl no doubt I would be hugely excited but now it's somehow flat. No doubt once I taste my first beer in Thailand I'll be feeling vastly different. I've yet to book flights hotels etc. I don't even know exactly where I'm going apart from seeing a few friends in Pattaya and also Chiang Mai.... dentist to see.... complete medical check up...maybe a trip to Vietnam,...... then a trip to the Philippines. Ah well, take life as it comes, hopefully there will be a fair few tomorrows to deal with everything and maybe a nice little Fillipina to restore some vigour. I think I need a holiday, will there be time for a holiday when I'm retired? :)

A permanent holiday you say? :541: I'm feeling more lively already :dance: :dance: :dance:

• Like 5

Curley
Posted
Posted

Curley good luck on the 1st of May.

Take your retirement and make every day count as you`ve earned it. As for your employees well maybe they will appreciate it a little later when they realise how much hard work is involved when your own money is at stake. I`ve had the same thing happen to me in the past when I gave bonuses it`s like they are saying "is that all".

Hope it all works out for you.

Kevin

The trouble is it's not their own money, I gave them the shares, there is enough stock etc to keep going for some time and income starts at day one so even though the shares belong to them they don't have any of their own money involved. I have told them that there will be no directors loans from me unless they match my money with theirs and that if they cock it up and need more funds then we'll recapitalise and their shareholding will suffer. I borrowed that very Asian phrase.... "its up to you" whether or not it works.

• Like 2