Practising What I Preach

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jode! :thumbsup: Spot one.

If my Wife could read this, she might Understand a little better, when I said to her, I married you, NOT your family, help is help but sometimes, the P...s gets taken.

I admire your writing. From the heart, I can sense. :)

Jack P. :tiphat:

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have alway preached here, that guys out of (head in the clouds) love should not lose sight of why they came to Philippines. The days of toiling endlessly for others are over and coming here is a time to lead the life YOU want for a change. The life you want can gradually be changed, if you let it, to a life your partner wants and which is differant than your blissful first days and weeks together. Stand firm and she will respect you for it and you will avoid waking up one day and realizing you are not happy anymore. That doesn't mean being selfish but only being true to yourself and your vision of a good life.

On and On it goes.....Finally I say , ENOUGH! we have been good to all, kind and generous and now its time for us again......

My partner seems happier since I cracked down. Secure in the knowlege she has a strong partner who wants her. Relieved that she has compelling reason to turn away from the irritations of family and previous life. All is good again. Guys keep control, don't get your head so in the clouds that you can't see reality anymore. Strive to see reality with the cold clear eyes of a hunter so you can best deal with it, and find the LASTING good life you deserve. Don't let anyone take control of your life again.

Hello Jode,

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of dissecting your quote above in order for me to gather my thoughts.

First of all, you are not alone my friend. Many of the Filipino OFW's returning home are faced with similar issues.

Being Filipino, I am nodding my head with empathy after reading what you and others are going through.

You however, have made an excellent point to continue with your life in the most positive way. And we thank you

for your inspiration. I must also commend your partner for drastically adjusting her ways of thinking as well. She

was faced between two cultures and finally made some hard decisions.

Many more speed bumps along the way but life does goes on, doesn't it -- respectfully, Jake

• Like 2

jode
Posted
Posted

Glad you appreciate my efforts. I admit that i make them mostly for myself. To keep mind active and to quantify feelings by putting them into words. But if others can find them of value then all the better.

Family may always be number # in their heart for a filipina, but if you won't have it that way, it doesn't have to be number one in their daily thoughts and actions.

We have come to the edge several times in 2 1/2 yrs most often do to my behavior. But she has decided that she will adjust and tolerate rather than leave. I believe 4 out of 5 filipina partner would do the same rather than end the the good things they have with their foreigner.

If she ever decides to leave I will get over it as there are plenty of fish in the sea of Cebu.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Glad you appreciate my efforts. I admit that i make them mostly for myself. To keep mind active and to quantify feelings by putting them into words. But if others can find them of value then all the better.

Family may always be number # in their heart for a filipina, but if you won't have it that way, it doesn't have to be number one in their daily thoughts and actions.

We have come to the edge several times in 2 1/2 yrs most often do to my behavior. But she has decided that she will adjust and tolerate rather than leave. I believe 4 out of 5 filipina partner would do the same rather than end the the good things they have with their foreigner.

If she ever decides to leave I will get over it as there are plenty of fish in the sea of Cebu.

Love lost, love gained which is not necessarily a vicious cycle. You've worked so hard, has gone through

many issues at your home country -- you deserve the right of peace and quiet during your golden years.

Petty stress and illogical emotions (OA - over acting) should be thrown out the window. Take it or leave it.

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
Finally after what seemed like a long time it is just me and my lover again. Nice relief to be able to go around au natural again and just do our own thing.

hey jodie, i have an opera binoculars ............. let me know if you dont have any visitors so i could make good use of them.........

:hystery:

• Like 1

jode
Posted
Posted
Finally after what seemed like a long time it is just me and my lover again. Nice relief to be able to go around au natural again and just do our own thing.

hey jodie, i have an opera binoculars ............. let me know if you dont have any visitors so i could make good use of them.........

:hystery:

It wouldn't be a pretty sight and your opera glasses may crack. One of best things about filipinas for me is their tolerance of it.