Help On Traveling To Cebu In August Or October 2009

tim
Posted
Posted (edited)

HelloWe have a chance to buy r/t ticket to Cebu at a good price for August 2009.I have heard that August is the raining season in Cebu. Can someone living in Cebu or knowledgeable of Cebu in August tell us what to expect if we do come over in August. How bad is the raining season in Cebu in August?We could hold off and plan on coming over in October 2009, which is the end of the raining season and is in the low travel season for the Philippines from the USA. Of course we do not know what the future holds on r/t ticket prices in October, they could be much more expensive. Can anyone guess which would be the cheapest month to purchase airfare from USA to Philippines, August or October? Any past experiences on traveling to Cebu in August or October?Also, would the hotel rates drop since it is in the raining season in Cebu in August?Which month would be cheaper to stay in hotels in Cebu, August or October?Any first hand knowledge of the raining season in Cebu would help us make the decision to go ahead and buy the tickets to travel in August or wait and see what happens for a trip in October, 2009.ThanksTim from Memphis, USA

Edited by tim

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

There is not a pronounced rainy season in Cebu the way there is in the northern regions. Actually the wet and dry times have been reversed in the last 18 months or so. The only times when there is pronounced rain for day on end here is if there is a tropical disturbance of some kind moving through. Either month should be fine.http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayI...mp;Units=metric

• 2 weeks later...
tim
Posted
Posted

Well I got my tickets I will be using KAL/Delta to fly from Memphis to Cebu R/T in August of 2009. I paid$ 1115.oo So rain or not Here I come....thanksTim from Memphis