Faxing From Your Computer To The Us

United Army
Posted
Posted

Does anyone fax documents from their computer? I came across this website called PamFax? http://www.pamfax.biz/en/ And was wondering if its worth the effort to join and do my faxing? Does this work??

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I tried it a couple years ago with important legal docs. My accountant in Canada said they did not come through with a clear enough copy for legal purposes. I ended up sending the docs by LBC courier. Just my humble experience. Maybe I did not do it right but I tried many different ways.

• Like 2

United Army
Posted
Posted

Well I did a 3 page fax, the first 3 pages are free by the way.... I call and they received all pages and it was clear to read. So it seems like this PamFax is ok and I will be using it. I do not have a 3 in 1 printer so this is perfect for my needs.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If you want to do a fax from your computer, you have to install a fax modem and run it through a dial-up connection. If you want it to be legible, make sure it's a half decent fax modem (which is just about any of them) and that you have a good dial-up connection. If the connection is weak (old phone lines, too far out of town, etc) you will have a lot of garbage on the receiving end. If who ever you are faxing will accept a scanned copy sent by internet and you don't have an All-in on printer/scanner/copier, look at your smart phone. Not sure about the others but on android there is an app you can download for free that will turn your camera into a scanner.

I do not know why but why won't people accept a scanned and emailed copy over a fax! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!! :bash:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When I decided to start drawing down my 401k I had to email my paperwork with my signature it was done on something called MSN secure mail ...... you sign up for it ..... the company handling my $)!k sent me an email on hotmail ...... I had to open it and follow the instructions to enroll and it generated an email back to them ...... after which they sent me the the forms and I filled them out made a scan of the signature page ..... signed it copied it to file and then emailed it with the other filled out forms back to them ...... yea .... I know a lot of filling out and email but it was lot better than a trip back to the US ..... and a whole lot cheaper .... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

If you have an electronic copy of your document or can scan the document you can fax over the internet. There are many services which do this. Just search for "efax".

One word of disclosure. One of my nieces married the chief tech guy, one of the three founders of the first internet fax company, now known as efax.

I personally have no financial interest in any of the companies.

I agree, faxes are old technology. No reason a scanned document sent by email shouldn't work for most things unless they need the original signed copy.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

What I get a kick out of is that you can scan a signed original and email it to certain places and they won't accept it because it is not a fax. What is the difference? With a fax you are scanning a signed original and sending over a telephone line. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

• Like 1