Only In The Philippines

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sorry no link ..... snitched it from another board ..... :hystery:

from AirPhilExpress today

Good Afternoon! The Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) lights of Runway 36 in Tacloban has been stolen recently.

In light of this, adjustments to our

Manila-Tacloban and Tacloban-Manila flights have had to be made until replacement of the PAPI lights is in effect.

Below are the new, albeit temporary, flight schedules:

Flight 2P985, MNLTAC/1540H-1650H (moved from 1710H-1820)

Flight 2P986, TACMNL/1720H-1830H (moved from 1850H-2000H)

We apologize for whatever inconvenience this may have caused you, but please note that passenger safety is our utmost concern. For those who might be affected by the new flight schedules, please call our hotline number, 855-9000, and our customer service personnel will be on hand to assist you. They will also call you to inform you of new developments regarding the status of your flight.

Thank you for your understanding.

So does this mean somewhere in Tacloban is a house lit up with PAPI lights ...... should be pretty easy to see ..... just fly around and look for the unauthorized landing strip or a squatters area that appears to be a runway ..... courtesy of the PAPI .......

OUC ..... you wanna take a stab at maybe landing on a unlit runway ...... I'm sure they could use all the help they can get ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 5

retired
Posted
Posted

Ha , ha.. maybe they can just have folks stand by with flashlights... then they could get on You Tube like their ship port and jailhouse comrads...

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The lights are probably broken and the whole thing is a smear campaign against the good citizens of Tacloban. You know, a PAP smear?

• Like 4

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Ha , ha.. maybe they can just have folks stand by with flashlights... then they could get on You Tube like their ship port and jailhouse comrads...

ohmmmmm .................. why not????????? John McClane had done it ...............

The lights are probably broken and the whole thing is a smear campaign against the good citizens of Tacloban. You know, a PAP smear?

and how do you know PAP smear - pray tell ?????????

:signnvm: :hystery:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

No less ridiculous than the head of the Philippines FAA's son giving his girlfriend driving lessons on an active runway an international flight just missing his SUV.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Good thing the runway can't be rolled up and stolen while the lights are on leave.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Good thing the runway can't be rolled up and stolen while the lights are on leave.

You say that is jest but I imagine it could. I have seen filipinos remove the beach from the ocean, the bed from the river, the shoulder from the road, all in search of free gravel. How can we imagine an unlit runway to be any less of a target. Good thing no one has thought of it yet . . I mean the runway does not need to be THAT long does it?

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
Txpinoy7850
Posted
Posted

I was once on a train(in India), when we had a sudden stop.......It seems somebody stole a few sections of track for scrap $........Almost ruined my day.......This train was like something out of a Bond movie....guys with eye patches, goats, hooded silent dudes with long fingernails, etc....Lets say it was........."unique"

• Like 3