Visa Travel Restrictions

retired
Posted
Posted

Ran across this article and could not help but notice that Philippines and it's people apparently have many restrictions as to how many countries they can travel . Comments ? http://' target="_blank"> function toggle(embed){ if(document.getElementById(embed).style.display == 'none'){ document.getElementById(embed).style.display = 'block'; }else{ document.getElementById(embed).style.display = 'none'; } } Travel visas Restricted access Mar 5th 2009From Economist.comWho has the most freedom to travel? DANES faced the fewest restrictions on travel in 2008: they were able to visit 157 countries or territories without a visa according to an annual report by Henley & Partners, a consultancy. The Irish, Finns and Portuguese were only marginally less welcome abroad, with visa-free travel available to 156 countries. Those with the least freedom were citizens of countries suffering from war, terrorism or repression. South Koreans could visit 144 countries, whereas North Koreans could visit just 29 countries

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I think a lot of this has to do with the people overextending their stay ... to put it nicely ..... and also if their country really cares if they come back as well ...... that's why Filipinos have to show that they have a valid reason to return back to their country such as a home or own property.... bank accounts ..... and lots of other incentives to return .....

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Is it just me I don't see the Philippines mentioned in here at all. I know it is difficult for them to travel to most western countries because of abuse of the system by those in the past.