I-Phone, Mac Book Pro & Verizon Internet /cell Phoneser

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hate to start a new thread but I would really appreciate advice/experience that you guys have. How in this world do those who are from the U.S. communicate with family & friends while you are in the P.I. ( Cebu ) @ a reasonable rate ?

How do you retain your E-mail address with out incurring a massive expense ? How dose one keep up with their personal mail & bank ( Electronic ) statements IF " Com -Sec "Invasion & theft ( Computer security ) is so bloody ramp-it when one logs on the internet even from their own computer ?

It was my understanding that as long as I could acquire " Scaope ,Scahp or maybe pronounced Skyep " You could log in- phone -call at regular rates. ( I'll research this " strong state side VPN )

Very confused, exhausted and in need of information....All verizon wishes is me to sign yet another contract and attach more hidden fee's. $ 2.99 U.S.D. a minute does not appeal to me while I am in the P.I. Nor does the purchase of an I -phone that may indeed get my head chpped off.

I need sleep. Maybe much less pressure to get over there before May 2012's end.....at least for the next few days.

Thanks for the in-coming info.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I communicate with anyone anywhere by email. I have Magic Jack but have only used it 2 or 3 times. I don't know what you mean by retaining email w/o a massive expense; gmail, yahoo, etc accounts are free. The bank and brokerage transactions are done via their web sites, again not sure about what security concerns you may have. I check all the accts daily. Mail-forwarding is important but that's been discussed at length.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hate to start a new thread but I would really appreciate advice/experience that you guys have. How in this world do those who are from the U.S. communicate with family & friends while you are in the P.I. ( Cebu ) @ a reasonable rate ?

How do you retain your E-mail address with out incurring a massive expense ? How dose one keep up with their personal mail & bank ( Electronic ) statements IF " Com -Sec "Invasion & theft ( Computer security ) is so bloody ramp-it when one logs on the internet even from their own computer ?

It was my understanding that as long as I could acquire " Scaope ,Scahp or maybe pronounced Skyep " You could log in- phone -call at regular rates. ( I'll research this " strong state side VPN )

Very confused, exhausted and in need of information....All verizon wishes is me to sign yet another contract and attach more hidden fee's. $ 2.99 U.S.D. a minute does not appeal to me while I am in the P.I. Nor does the purchase of an I -phone that may indeed get my head chpped off.

I need sleep. Maybe much less pressure to get over there before May 2012's end.....at least for the next few days.

Thanks for the in-coming info.

Maybe its the way I read your post but you seem to be stressing over nothing.

Communicate as normal by free Email as you do now.

Buy a cheap magic jack or download Skype from the net and install it on your computer.

Or use yahoo messenger or MSN messenger for instant chat.

Log in to your internet banking the same as you would anywhere and use the same common sense as always, check for secure http's in browser. Keep spyware and antivirus programs up to date. Nothing different about this anywhere.

Buy strong carrier pigeon if all of the above is not suitable for you. post-1-0-83616400-1336470590_thumb.jpeg

Use search button at top of forum and heaps of posts come up about the above.

Get more sleep as none of its as bad as it seems :thumbsup:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Too bad you're not a computer geek so I could tell you how to build your own telephony network... But do yourself a favour... To make it easier for you, follow the advice of the others above! Every one of them have the perfect answer for you! Well, maybe not the pigeon... though I do hear they are considered a delicacy in some parts!

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

People in the USA can communicate with you cell phone to cellphone inexpensively with Rebtel. rebtel.com --- skype connections with USA have been loud and clear for me. Better than phone to phone connections in US, and their video phone connections work great also. Don't sign up for international service with a US carrier. Did that once and it was an expensive and useless ripoff. Multiple other better ways to communicate as stated in previous posts. Pay all USA bills and do all banking online no problem. Doesn't hurt to inform banks and maybe your most used credit card company that u will be in Philippines, to forstall any suspition of fraud on their part when they start getting transactions from Philippines.

Edited by jode

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys Once more. You were correct JollyGood Fellow. I'm pressured at present with the logistics, red tape & dead-lines. Search key failed because of the spelling.

Gotta make this list happy. Thank you all once more.