Philippine Visa Fees From The Usa

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I had to go this morning to the Consulate General of the Philippines, Honolulu office for notary services. While waiting, I noticed next to the cashier window a card listing their fee schedule.

$30 - 3 months single entry visa

$60 - 6 months multiple entry visa

$90 - 1 year multiple entry visa

It appears to me that these fees are more reasonable than arriving and getting a three weeks visa waiver followed by renewals at the BI every 59 days after the first 38 days renewal. Any thoughts? Maybe my understanding is incorrect. For example, if you pay $60 and get a 6 months multiple entry visa, can you stay 180 days without paying additional visa fees?

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I found the following on the Chicago consulate web site. I am surprised that some forum members have not used or mentioned this. This might be a good option for me. Maybe there is a catch?

9(A) Temporary Visitor’s Visa

REQUIREMENTS:

• Passport of applicant (valid at least 6 months from return date)
  • Duly-accomplished Non-Immigrant Visa application form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, and notarized if sent by mail
  • Travel Itinerary (applicant must be a holder of a roundtrip/onward flight ticket out of Manila)
  • One (1) colored photo, 2” x 2”, taken within six months before the date of application, showing a clear front view of applicant’s face, with a white background. No sleeveless attire. Blurred or low quality photos are not accepted.
  • Proof of Financial Capacity (photocopy of latest bank statement, previous year's income tax return, most recent pay stub and an employment certificate from the employer indicating position and salary, or affidavit of support), for Tourist Visa for pleasure only
  • Letter from employer or sponsor of the trip, indicating its specific purpose or nature and length of stay (inclusive dates) in the Philippines, for Tourist Visa for business only
  • Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps, via US Postal Service or private courier of choice, preferably with tracking numbers, if Passport with Visa is to be mailed back
  • Visa fee, according to fee schedule below (non-refundable), payable in money order, bank draft, certified check or cashier’s check, and cash when personally applying. Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

For nationals of countries with visa agreement with the Philippines:

• Single entry valid for three (3) months US$ 30.00
  • Multiple entry valid for six (6) months US$ 60.00
  • Multiple-entry valid for twelve (12) months US$ 90.00

For nationals of countries without visa agreement with the Philippines:

• Single entry valid for three (3) months US$ 40.00
  • Multiple entry valid for six (6) months US$ 80.00
  • Multiple-entry valid for twelve (12) months US$ 120.00

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I did the 9a twice when I was coming for visits. The catch is you either have to go to a Philippine Embassy or Consulate or mail in the docs and your passport to them with return paid postage. I wasn't crazy about sending my passport in the mail but it is cheaper then having it done after you arrive. The 3/6/12 months means the entry (entries) is good for that time period, the visa is still only for the 1st 59 days.

• Like 3

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

, if you pay $60 and get a 6 months multiple entry visa, can you stay 180 days without paying additional visa fees?

No.

3 Months means you have 3 months from date of issue to use the visa but can only stay 59 days, unless you arrange an extension

6 months means you can come and go as many times as you like within a 6 month period but can still only stay 59 days at a time, unless you arrange an extension

12 means you can come and go as many times as you like within a 12 month period but can still only stay 59 days, unless you arrange an extension

Regards Jim

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

, if you pay $60 and get a 6 months multiple entry visa, can you stay 180 days without paying additional visa fees?

No.

3 Months means you have 3 months from date of issue to use the visa but can only stay 59 days, unless you arrange an extension

6 months means you can come and go as many times as you like within a 6 month period but can still only stay 59 days at a time, unless you arrange an extension

12 means you can come and go as many times as you like within a 12 month period but can still only stay 59 days, unless you arrange an extension

Regards Jim

Ahh, OK, so there is no huge advantage. You would have to leave every 59 days and come back, or get and extension.

• Like 1

TheMason
Posted
Posted

No.

Regards Jim

Ahh, OK, so there is no huge advantage. You would have to leave every 59 days and come back, or get and extension.

I've used this visa in the past when I knew I would be travelling in and out of the Philippines a lot. If you are planning on multiple stays between 22-59 days in length, then this visa saves you quite a bit of money. If you're going to be touring the nearby countries, you can save a ton of money on RP visa fees.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for the information.

I believe one item for discussion during the 2nd Philippine Retirement & Healthcare Summit on June 26th is a proposed 180 days visa waiver program limited to retirees. The purpose is to attract Snowbirds. There is actually a Long Stay Philippines association and the Philippines Retirement, Inc. as the private sector counterparts to the Philippine Retirement Authority. The private sector groups are being merged into the Philippine Retirement & Healthcare Coalition. This is an unusual arrangement because there will be two government entities involved for public sector / private sector policy discussions, namely: Department of Tourism and Department of Health.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for the information.

I believe one item for discussion during the 2nd Philippine Retirement & Healthcare Summit on June 26th is a proposed 180 days visa waiver program limited to retirees. The purpose is to attract Snowbirds. There is actually a Long Stay Philippines association and the Philippines Retirement, Inc. as the private sector counterparts to the Philippine Retirement Authority. The private sector groups are being merged into the Philippine Retirement & Healthcare Coalition. This is an unusual arrangement because there will be two government entities involved for public sector / private sector policy discussions, namely: Department of Tourism and Department of Health.

JJR - Can you confirm if there is an age requirement when speaking about Snowbirds coming to the Philippines as per above?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
JJR - Can you confirm if there is an age requirement when speaking about Snowbirds coming to the Philippines as per above?

Right now the 180 days visa waiver for retirees (Snowbirds) is just a proposal. Someone in the government suggested 65 years, but several in the private sector pointed out that in some Western countries, you can retire and start collecting a pension at 55 years. In the USA, Social Security benefits can start at age 62. I believe there is an inter-agency government committee studying the proposal. They will make their recommendations after receiving imputs from the private sector. In my opinion, the Bureau of Immigration will probably oppose because it means a loss of revenue for them. The same for the Department of Foreign Affairs. The group pushing for it is the Department of Tourism. They had promised the President they will dramatically increase the number of visitor arrivals.

• Like 1