Forums

brock
Posted
Posted

I have just been viewing a few other Forums, With all the Bickering and name calling, acting Childish....

Goes to show you what a really good forum this is :) With nice decent members. :thumbsup:

Well done everybody.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It's true Brock over the years this has been a good forum to belong too.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have just been viewing a few other Forums, With all the Bickering and name calling, acting Childish....

Goes to show you what a really good forum this is :) With nice decent members. :thumbsup:

Well done everybody.

:) Well! all here, have made me very welcome and this is I like. Lots of Give and take, Good Humour and Good management, where all views are allowed to be aired. For me informative and non of this I know better and don't be a moron language we all make mistakes and get hold of the wrong end of the stick Sometimes. Here it soon gets sorted and back to normal :cheersty:

Yes my vote is :grouphugg:

JackP. :tiphat:

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well done everybody.

:) Well! all here, have made me very welcome and this is I like. Lots of Give and take, Good Humour and Good management, where all views are allowed to be aired. For me informative and non of this I know better and don't be a moron language we all make mistakes and get hold of the wrong end of the stick Sometimes. Here it soon gets sorted and back to normal :cheersty:

Yes my vote is :grouphugg:

JackP. :tiphat:

Hey guys,

Of course, nothing is perfect in this world. Once in a blue moon, we do have our share of trolls and hot heads.

In recent months, we the moderators along with the Boss have been quite busy using the "back door". It's our

way to communicate with each other without having members read our own bitch and moans.....he, he.

Tom has been most gracious in giving us more leeway. Actually, it was him that motivated us to take a more

affirmative action in his absence. Indeed, a group hug is much appreciated.

Thank you everyone -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spill chek
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't know... There is this one guy who is so opinionated and a jerk every time he says anything on here! I wish the Boss would just take this guy and throw the moron out! What an idiot! Who am I talking about? That bald headed freak who goes by "I am bob"...

Hey! Wait a second! That's me! Ummm... He's such a nice guy... Never has a bad word for....

Ok, so sometimes I am just such a jerk! Hehe!

:mocking:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I don't know... There is this one guy who is so opinionated and a jerk every time he says anything on here! I wish the Boss would just take this guy and throw the moron out! What an idiot! Who am I talking about? That bald headed freak who goes by "I am bob"...

Hey! Wait a second! That's me! Ummm... He's such a nice guy... Never has a bad word for....

Ok, so sometimes I am just such a jerk! Hehe!

:mocking:

Blogs and forums or any other means to express our opinions and comments for all the world to see can be a two edge sword.

Ideally, forums such as this have created many friendships and a sense of belonging. Personally, I would love to meet you all,

including your better half.....he, he.

On the other hand, their are some that have inherent issues with interpersonal relationships throughout their lifetime. With the

use of a keyboard, one can use it as a convenient way to attack without feeling remorse or reprisals. I would like to think that

reading body language face to face is one of my forte. Trying to "read" a person by trying to understand written words is a work

in progress for me. That's why I'm so grateful for the other moderators and the Boss to keep me in check.

The Philippines Expat Forum -- the best one in town (including my favorite jerk above)!

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
The Philippines Expat Forum -- the best one in town (including my favorite jerk above)!

What? I only rate the small print? Well, let me tell you something, buddy, I"m gonna...! :mocking:

When trying to read a person through their words, I have a simple trick that usually works. For newer people or those I don't know very well yet, I only approach their words when I am in a reasonably good mood. And while I am reading, I imagine their words as a narrative in a book or even from a film. Once I get to know the person in question a little better, I will then hear their words as if we are chatting online using voice chats. Of course I am going to have quite a shock when I meet a few people in person and find that they are not at all like I thought they would sound like! Or look like either! Just how is Ron going to look without his coconut exposed? Tom is not Mighty Mouse? TT? Yogi? And Curly can't squeal his tires? And I thought I knew these guys! :hystery:

Yeah, I do love it here! :dance: :tiphat: :thumbsup:

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I do notice less personal attacks here. You should see the temper tantrums on some of the automotive forums.