Queen Of Disco Donna Summer Gone At Age 63

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Donna Summer,(December 31, 1948 – May 17, 2012

one of the most influential singers of the disco era, died on Thursday. She was 63.

The cause was cancer, according to a statement released by Susan Muneo, the singer’s longtime manager. Ms. Summer was a five-time Grammy winner who became a superstar in the 1970s with hits like “ Love to Love You Baby,” “Last Dance,” “Hot Stuff”and “Bad Girls.”

http://www.nytimes.c...3.html?ref=arts

http://www.rollingst...-at-63-20120517

nice links to her videos (youtube)

http://www.dailymail...cer-battle.html

• Like 2

Will
Posted
Posted

I always liked her music. She was from a nice/ carefree era when I was a young boy and her music still brings back good memories for me. I was kind of shocked when I heard the news about her. May she rest in peace.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

The most dreaded song that any teenage boy could hear was by Donna.When LAST DANCE you knew you only had minutes to screw up the courage to finally ask the cheerleader to dance with you!!

R.I.P.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

The most dreaded song that any teenage boy could hear was by Donna.When LAST DANCE you knew you only had minutes to screw up the courage to finally ask the cheerleader to dance with you!!

R.I.P.

I had zero courage......I was a permanent wall flower, even when I was wearing a lettered HS jacket.

Yeah, big man on campus. I was such a douche bag!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Dang Jake,,,,dont give me an open line like that..........I was about to his post, then remembered you are the moderator and would have deleted it anyway :th_unfair:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Dang Jake,,,,dont give me an open line like that..........I was about to his post, then remembered you are the moderator and would have deleted it anyway :th_unfair:

Don't let fear bother you. :867:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
douche bag!

Jake ..... now I'm confused ..... I thought douche bag WAS your favorite sport (well at least played close to your favorite sport) ....... are you sure that's not what you lettered in ..... inquiring minds want to know ....... god did I just open up a can of worms ............. :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
douche bag!

Jake ..... now I'm confused ..... I thought douche bag WAS your favorite sport (well at least played close to your favorite sport) ....... are you sure that's not what you lettered in ..... inquiring minds want to know ....... god did I just open up a can of worms ............. :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Hey Mike S,

I was the only sophomore in the senior baseball varsity, playing turd base. But when it came time to

socialize even upon the invitations of a couple cheer leaders, I was more an expert as the campus

dork, never going out to parties or dates. I graduated as probably the only senior virgin on campus.

Cold feet looking for hot stuff -- Jake

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRwjYZzvGkY

• Like 1

retired
Posted
Posted

Speaking of disco we also lost another Bee Gee brother , Robin Gibb , leaving only the oldest Barry still living . They were famous of course during that era especially after the Travolta movie . Both will be missed by us old timers .

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

I thought I heard the ghost of Robin Gibb in my Herb Garden,, But, It was just the chives talking

• Like 1